WordPress IPSConnect

Marcher Technologies

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi MT, me again, uploaded new plugin version 1.04 and when I enable the widgets in wordpress I get the following errors displayed.

Warning: json_encode() expects exactly 1 parameter, 2 given in ********/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ipsconnect/widgets/forums.php on line 44

Catchable fatal error: Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string in **********/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ipsconnect/widgets/forums.php on line 96

is this resolved?

Ah, sorry MT :smile:

For some reason i did not notice that the footnote refers to SSO :smile:

PS: Try to play with design of text to make it more understandable.

Done. :smile:

MT,

Just purchased your modification. Set up a clean install of WordPress on a test directory (no plugins installed except for your IPSConnect modification) on my domain. Clean install of IPB is on a "forums" subdomain on the same domain. Got your plugin activated and I followed all of the directions in the read me.

I'm testing it out. To start, I created a couple of new user accounts in WordPress that do not exist on IPB. If I login on WordPress using these accounts and then visit the IPB forum, the user is automatically logged in to IPB and the account is created on IPB. So far so good.

Problem I'm running into is if I create a new user account in WordPress that does not exist on IPB and then try to login to IPB using that new WordPress account's details, I get an invalid username and password error from IPB.

Basically, the existing WordPress account is only created to IPB if I first log in to WordPress and then visit the IPB forums.

Am I doing something wrong? Thanks!

MT,

Just purchased your modification. Set up a clean install of WordPress on a test directory (no plugins installed except for your IPSConnect modification) on my domain. Clean install of IPB is on a "forums" subdomain on the same domain. Got your plugin activated and I followed all of the directions in the read me.

I'm testing it out. To start, I created a couple of new user accounts in WordPress that do not exist on IPB. If I login on WordPress using these accounts and then visit the IPB forum, the user is automatically logged in to IPB and the account is created on IPB. So far so good.

Problem I'm running into is if I create a new user account in WordPress that does not exist on IPB and then try to login to IPB using that new WordPress account's details, I get an invalid username and password error from IPB.

Basically, the existing WordPress account is only created to IPB if I first log in to WordPress and then visit the IPB forums.

Am I doing something wrong? Thanks!

i need to ask for access details... I cannot reproduce... I just made the user 'bogus' in wp-admin(locally no less), the user exists on IPB before I even attempt to login, and login was successful, I have callbacks in place for this.

I think I found the issue actually.... 0.o eating crow.

re-upload from the download, should be fixed.... you can edit the users it boinked on added in wp-admin in testing and change the password and it will reflect properly in IPB.... this only affected that add/update area in wp-admin.

I gotcha. Thanks so much. This is fixed. I tested this out and it works to add a new user in WP admin and then log into that account in IPB.

I'm running into another issue that goes back to my initial question in this thread (before I purchased your modification) that I'm hoping you can help me with. As I mentioned previously, my IPB forum is new and I have over 3,000 registered and active existing user accounts on my WordPress site. Essentially, I have no registered members on the master (IPB) and all my registered members are on the slave (WP). When I publicly introduce the new IPB forum to my users, I'd like them to be able to login to IPB using their WordPress user account.

To test this, I deactivated your IPSConnect plugin (to simulate this idea where there would already be 3,000 existing user accounts). Created a new user account in WordPress, reactivated your plugin, and then tried logging into IPB with the new WP user account details. This gives me an invalid username and password error.

Is there a way around this issue so that existing registered WP user accounts that were registered before your plugin is installed could log in to IPB?

I gotcha. Thanks so much. This is fixed. I tested this out and it works to add a new user in WP admin and then log into that account in IPB.

I'm running into another issue that goes back to my initial question in this thread (before I purchased your modification) that I'm hoping you can help me with. As I mentioned previously, my IPB forum is new and I have over 3,000 registered and active existing user accounts on my WordPress site. Essentially, I have no registered members on the master (IPB) and all my registered members are on the slave (WP). When I publicly introduce the new IPB forum to my users, I'd like them to be able to login to IPB using their WordPress user account.

To test this, I deactivated your IPSConnect plugin (to simulate this idea where there would already be 3,000 existing user accounts). Created a new user account in WordPress, reactivated your plugin, and then tried logging into IPB with the new WP user account details. This gives me an invalid username and password error.

Is there a way around this issue so that existing registered WP user accounts that were registered before your plugin is installed could log in to IPB?

there is a fallback on successful login to the slave, put simply, they need to login to wordpress with the plugin enabled once to create the account in IPB.

Both sides encrypt the password in different ways, so a tool to cycle through all existing members and register them in IPB is infeasible....

using WP as the master much becomes infeasible as the master knows not it's slaves, I can do more from the slave for IPB master users.... that was what tipped my choice regarding which to make honestly.

As a master any sort of bridge to IPB becomes impossible.

there is a fallback on successful login to the slave, put simply, they need to login to wordpress with the plugin enabled once to create the account in IPB.

Both sides encrypt the password in different ways, so a tool to cycle through all existing members and register them in IPB is infeasible....

using WP as the master much becomes infeasible as the master knows not it's slaves, I can do more from the slave for IPB master users.... that was what tipped my choice regarding which to make honestly.

As a master any sort of bridge to IPB becomes impossible.

Bummer. That makes sense though.

To solve this issue, I am considering setting all of the "Sign in" links on IPB to point to wp-login.php. Would you foresee any issues or complications with forcing the users to login via wp-login.php?

that depends a large amount on how you do it, for example, the thing you do NOT want to do is tell IPB to process all login attempts through wp-login.php... that would effectively make both installs unusable without an active acp session to reverse the setting.

However, there is no issue I can see with changing the links.

for smoothest integration, you would want to use a url construct like so:

http://mydomain.com/pathtowp/wp-login.php?redirect_to={parse expression="urlencode($this->settings['this_url'])"}

Thus the user would be returned to where they originally were in IPB upon login to wordpress...

I suppose I will end up providing an optional hook to do this in the next version simply to save skin edits for those who need it..

I'm really intrigued and considering buying this for our Wordpress/IPB installations, both on the same domain.

What I'm not super clear on, if you don't mind clarifying for a dummy. :)

Folks register via IPB, then...

1 - Where does their validation email direct them, IPB or WP?

2 - Once validated, they still have to log into WP as well?

End of the day, we'd like WP to be all but invisible, unless someone is trying to access (and is authorized for) WP Admin directly.

Sorry, without a basic if/and/org flow visual of some kind, I'm not quite understanding how the basic user experience is in each basic scenario.

I'm totally willing to pay $60 and $20 per 6 months for this, if I could get a better sense of how everything flows.

Any thoughts put toward a 3 minute demo video on YouTube? Just showing the registration process, sign in, etc?

User experience is key for me, particularly with regard to their steps and redirects after registering or logging in.

Thanks so much!

I'm really intrigued and considering buying this for our Wordpress/IPB installations, both on the same domain.

What I'm not super clear on, if you don't mind clarifying for a dummy. :smile:

Folks register via IPB, then...

1 - Where does their validation email direct them, IPB or WP?

2 - Once validated, they still have to log into WP as well?

End of the day, we'd like WP to be all but invisible, unless someone is trying to access (and is authorized for) WP Admin directly.

Sorry, without a basic if/and/org flow visual of some kind, I'm not quite understanding how the basic user experience is in each basic scenario.

I'm totally willing to pay $60 and $20 per 6 months for this, if I could get a better sense of how everything flows.

Any thoughts put toward a 3 minute demo video on YouTube? Just showing the registration process, sign in, etc?

User experience is key for me, particularly with regard to their steps and redirects after registering or logging in.

Thanks so much!

1 - IPB

2 - this depends, if running SSO(single-domain) No, they would just be logged in.

if running separate domains, then one login would indeed be needed.

FYI, I'd like to see users returned to previous page after logging in, no matter if they were in WP or IPB when they clicked a "sign in" link...

Is this built in already?

yes.

Will do a screencast of that process with SSO and widgets config/usage separately and add to file description shortly.

Super, can't wait to see the screencast. :smile:

Any headway on using avatar images from IPB in comments and author bios on the WP side?

....some... this is kind of a backwards process as i work through the wp hooks... frankly taking it one step at a time, working through the guts of the insanity that is wp 'post's... getting the actual topic/posts synch to post/comments rolling first.... same general area that is. :smile:

Also, I'd been previously using AH Modding's SSO mod for IPB/WP, we're no longer using it since his support went into the crapper, I think it's actually been removed from the marketplace now.

Still, we do have some matching accounts in both IPB and WP records from using it...

Any idea what will happen to these old WP accounts if we use your mod on our site?

Will it recognize matching accounts between WP/IPB based on a certain field, or try to recreate them?

I only ask, because we have thousands of articles in our blog, already assigned to various authors/users who also exist in IPB...

Personally, I'm hoping I can go without needing to manually change the author on every one of those.

Thanks again. :)

Also, I'd been previously using AH Modding's SSO mod for IPB/WP, we're no longer using it since his support went into the crapper, I think it's actually been removed from the marketplace now.

Still, we do have some matching accounts in both IPB and WP records from using it...

Any idea what will happen to these old WP accounts if we use your mod on our site?

Will it recognize matching accounts between WP/IPB based on a certain field, or try to recreate them?

I only ask, because we have thousands of articles in our blog, already assigned to various authors/users who also exist in IPB...

Personally, I'm hoping I can go without needing to manually change the author on every one of those.

Thanks again. :smile:

eesh.

where did he store it in Wordpress? the IPS member_id? if he has that stored, I can add native migration support as an option... otherwise... yeah, it's going to make a new user. >.< and yes, i don't even have the code-base to look at, nor can I obtain it, I would need to know if he has/stores it, and WHERE.

Here's the support topic, if there at want clues in there...

http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/340793-download-wordpress-sso-integration/

Again, it's a dead mod.

This hook will enable Single Sign On integration between your IP.Board and WordPress installs. In short, if users are registered and logged in to WordPress on your website, and they then visit your forums an account will be made behind the scenes and they will automatically be logged in. Similarly, forum users can sign into WordPress with the username and password they use on the forums.

says everything... I can say.. tentatively, the change should be transparent, in that username is being used as 'key' in both to match user to check... there should be no duplicate accounts of already synched users popping up.

Archived