Suggestion: Wikiposts - collaborative posts editable by multiple users

Cheapy

Change the permissions to allow groups to edit other's posts. Then get the post history mod in the marketplace.

EDIT: Sorry didn't read the 'first or second post'. Yeah a custom mod would need to be made to allow only the second post to be edited. I doubt this is something IPS would make native, best request a custom mod for it.

Its more complicated than just that. You need a system (like Wikipedia) for saving post editing history and restoring previous revisions.

That's possible with this marketplace mod:
http://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/4876-pav32-post-history/
Although it's not Wikipedia, it does save post editing history and allows previous revisions to be restored.

As for allowing editing on only the first and/or second post by selected usergroups, that would probably need to be a custom mod request.

Vaultwiki is a very popular addon that provides wiki functionality. Currently its only available for vbulletin, but they are working on a version for IPS. Stackexchange uses wikipost functionality. I see wiki functions are being requested repeatedly.
Its certainly not niche functionality.

• 8 months later...

I tried IPBWiki once. It was really buggy and outdated from what I remember, and I just didn't feel safe using it.

I just use a stock MediaWiki installation and have no issues. It will require members apply for a separate account on the Wiki though.

• 1 year later...

For any users still following this thread, I wanted to mention that VaultWiki is finally moving forward with their IPB integration. Please see this thread here: http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/404817-wiki-for-ips-what-would-you-look-for/

We would love to hear your thoughts and ideas for the best integration. Please check out the thread to get involved!

I see IpbWiki exists and it's open source.  It just needs to be properly integrated into the first post of a forum thread.  Maybe this could be a stock feature in the future?​

Actually, it is a stock feature already. You just need to get IP.Content. The databases there have Wiki editing and if you let every database entry create a forum post, you get exactly what you need. 

Archived