Server Optimization By Gary.

I recently had Gary. (from this community) optimize my servers and it was the best thing i have ever done for my online business. We had many issues with high load, high RAM usage and slower than average page loads. We have a few sites running on two server and i was mostly looking for a better/faster setup for my large ipboard community. Under high traffic our servers which are very powerful top notch systems were almost overloading and it was time to look for a solution instead of spending even more on hardware. To give you an idea of our loads and ram usage at off peak times we were using between 0.6 - 1.1 and 50% RAM. At peak times we were seeing loads as high as 4.0-18.0 and RAM was hitting 65%.

Gary. We told me to not worry and after taking a quick look at my current setups said there was little to no optimization done so expect great results. He not only took less than 6 hours to work his magic he helped monitor and test the server as I tested to see if what he did really did anything or if we were doomed for new hardware. We put the servers through a ton of tests which before he touched the servers made each server almost grind to a stop. We loaded the server with over 600 active users and it hardly broke 1.0 load and 30% RAM. I was blown away. Before we had that many connections on it totally killed our server running apache. I am still in awe at how well the servers run now that he worked on them. We saved at least 300$ a month. I asked Gary how much more growth we could get out of our current setup after his optimization and he said probably 50% more. That is HUGE for my business. With both our servers (one running apache and another running just mysql for our databases) we can now enjoy possibly another year or growth and if we get a huge serge or traffic i have nothing to worry about because we are optimized by Gary.

Thanks!

Danny

Your message will be the same for 90% of self managed servers, just because you can't set one up, doesn't mean it's correct! :) I strongly urge people to use a managed server or hire a real server admin to get it setup and secured properly as you have done above. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have recently had my server optimised by Gary, Well all I can say it that it was well worth it! I spent 3 years with a slow server, trying to optimise it myself, but with little experience I did not know what i was doing. Then i saw a post about Gary on here and thought what the hell, lets see if someone can help. Best thing I ever did!

We suffered from apache dropping on a daily basis, high server loads, really slow forums.

Now the forums load fast and users are noticing a big difference. Users no longer feel frustrated and we hope to see a better retention rate over the next few months.

If you own a dedicated box or even a VPS, then let Gary do his work! He is trustworthy too!

Check out my process graph, thats a cool drop!

post-112352-0-37815400-1342520243_thumb.

@loccom or @prcdc, if your's do not mind, what was the price required to optimize the server? If you wish, you can send me a private message response. Please... Or maybe answer me Gary. I want to tell me a price for optimization my VPS + nginx.

@loccom or @prcdc, if your's do not mind, what was the price required to optimize the server? If you wish, you can send me a private message response. Please... Or maybe answer me Gary. I want to tell me a price for optimization my VPS + nginx.

As far as I know, he (Gary.) accepts donations. However, the work he does is worth a fair amount. It certainly was when he did work for me a while back. I believe I will need him again very soon, too. He does right by you, for sure.

Archived