Download: IP.Board Notices System

Enkidu

Hello and many thanks for such a great and useful module! I have installed in and was trying to find the option for choosing a notice for each particular module such as Gallery, Member List etc... I wasn't able to find it. is such settings possible?

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this just gets better and better , fab work enkidu, might we have a peek at the release date for next version , ps i cant wait to test it :wink:

hopefully no more than a week from now :)

Hello and many thanks for such a great and useful module! I have installed in and was trying to find the option for choosing a notice for each particular module such as Gallery, Member List etc... I wasn't able to find it. is such settings possible?

in 1.01 there is none but the next version will have all of that (eta = 1 week)

OK finished implementing the ability to set a notice as dismissable and I decided to store that info as JSON cookie. This way, no need to query the database to check if the notice has dismissed. I don't wanna add more load on your precious DB ;)

yeah there will be a link to delete the stored cookies and restore the visibility of notices.

Can this work just inside IP.Content and be displayed regardless? (to guests, everyone?) but just inside iP.Content?

yes wait untill the next version. It will have the ability to set which app you want it to be displayed at. (off course I'm assuming you're using IPB wrapper with your IPC)

[color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif]The[/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif]message[/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif]appears,[/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif]but no[/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif]movement.[/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif]They[/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif]are[/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif]next to each[/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif]other.[/font][/color]

[img]

[/img]

you haven't uploaded the content of the public directory to your forum or you uploaded it to the wrong place

is it optional to choose between prev/next and 1/2/3/4/5 ?

RES, needs to say Reset (could be a smaller font than PREV/NEXT)

don't forget the pause button or mouse over fade in 'pause'

If you are intending to follow standard IPB look/feel, you need to change the header to be the same as categories.
Also, the dlete message 'X' is where people expect to see the expand/collapse

IMO all the commands need to be in the bottom right, much like the shoutbox buttons

:smile:

is it optional to choose between prev/next and 1/2/3/4/5 ?

RES, needs to say Reset (could be a smaller font than PREV/NEXT)

don't forget the pause button or mouse over fade in 'pause'

If you are intending to follow standard IPB look/feel, you need to change the header to be the same as categories.

Also, the dlete message 'X' is where people expect to see the expand/collapse

IMO all the commands need to be in the bottom right, much like the shoutbox buttons

:smile:

1- I still haven't found a better word then res or reset which kind of long. The search continues
2- the pause is there. it just didn't look nice. Maybe change the transparency on pause? or add the word pause to the title?
3- you get the ability to choose the colors of the title and the body (didn't look nice really)

and thanks for reminding me about the shoutbox. I could steal some of it look and feel ;)

and thanks for reminding me about the shoutbox. I could steal some of it look and feel

I think people are used to the look and feel of the shoutbox, if you do get some styling cues from it, then by having the larger button size, 'reset' won't look so huge. Pause/play as a toggle button wouldn't look so bad either.

Have you seen the look and feel of a blog feature article?, that as a container would look pretty clean + shoutbox (dark coloured) buttons

Just throwing some ideas your way :)

Rich

it's here

http://enkidu.ipbhost.com/

this is an early "beta" .... just need to do some testing before I release :smile:

all suggestions are welcomed

I still thinking using wrapper is redundancy as you have a like a subject address
×thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting us from invisionpower.com!

I hope you like our development board and decide to visit us again. We have expanded our current forum and enabled registration.
We will post news about upcoming mods too so stay tuned.

thank you

and then then body, do we need to have this , using only the body is more elegant :)
what do you think

what do you think

My opinion is:

1. If you are going to have a title block, then it should look and feel like the standard IPB maintitle with the expand/collapse on the right

2. If you are not going to have a title block, make it clean and simple - screen shot example to follow in 5 minutes ;)

Archived