Download: IP.Board Notices System

Enkidu

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3- define the background and layout of the massage

Now how many massage therapists allow you to do that? :o Hehe

Can you use HTML within it? Reason being I wouldn't mind making a slider with images.

EDIT: *Self-facepalm* should have waited to slide no.6

How about some teasing screen-shots? So I wanted to update the look and feel to match that of IPB 3.2 ACP.

%7Boption%7D2011-11-08_0041.png' alt='' class='ipsIm" alt="" class="ipsImage" width="1000" height="250">

add new notice wizard

%7Boption%7D2011-11-08_0044.png' alt='' class='ipsIm" alt="" class="ipsImage" width="1000" height="507">

everything is now arranged into categories. I have expanded the user criteria. For example, you can set the posts criteria as either larger than X, less than or between two values. Also there is the all new skin and profile field. So you can display a notice to all user which use skin set A or B. or you can display a notice to all males or females or to those who set their location to xyz.

%7Boption%7D

and of course the all time popular, app based notice

%7Boption%7D

and before I forgot, now you can set the start/stop dates

%7Boption%7D

it may take me a week to fully test the mod and finish developing :smile:

any suggestions are welcome :smile:

I got all excited when I saw 'location' I thought it was geographical location as per the default custom profile field.

If you can do that it would be nice, we can display area specific information :smile:

yes you can so that. You can choose a profile field (for example location, website, yahoo, etc) and set the value you want to match. You will be able to set partial matching such as yahoo.com which will match everything that ends with yahoo.com

yes you can so that. You can choose a profile field (for example location, website, yahoo, etc) and set the value you want to match. You will be able to set partial matching such as yahoo.com which will match everything that ends with yahoo.com

ahh cool, so the 'user profile field xxx contains xxx' you are introducing will work with custom user profile fields?, just double checking :)

looking great Enkidu, man you are a author who doesn't hang about :thumbsup:

im assuming applications will cover gallery / content etc, also a possibly add a 'barred' url , ie do not show on these urls, or do show on these urls, would be handy for showing on particular pages made with content etc

if you need a hand with testing, pm me with download, am happy to help.

benny

looking great Enkidu, man you are a author who doesn't hang about :thumbsup:

im assuming applications will cover gallery / content etc, also a possibly add a 'barred' url , ie do not show on these urls, or do show on these urls, would be handy for showing on particular pages made with content etc

if you need a hand with testing, pm me with download, am happy to help.

benny

even third party apps should work :)

sure I will need people for testing before I can release so I will PM you with details once I'm ready :)

I noticed you can greet someone who arrives from a specific URL, can you do this from any URL ? eg: greet someone from the last website they visited (as a friendly message)

for example

"Greetings Enkidu, thank you for leaving www.redtube.com to come and visit us"

or better still

"Greetings Enkidu, thank you for leaving Redtube to come and visit us"

oops, I mean Youtube ;) but you get the idea :)

I noticed you can greet someone who arrives from a specific URL, can you do this from any URL ? eg: greet someone from the last website they visited (as a friendly message)

for example

"Greetings Enkidu, thank you for leaving www.redtube.com to come and visit us"

or better still

"Greetings Enkidu, thank you for leaving Redtube to come and visit us"

oops, I mean Youtube :wink: but you get the idea :smile:

that's undocumented feature. here is how you do it:

"Greetings #display_name#, thank you for leaving Redtube to come and visit us"

and then set the referrer URL to redtube

I was meaning whether you could interrogate the browser's referrer dynamically so it would put in the referrer URL from *where ever*, so you do not have to specify it.

hmmm the issue is that a referrer is set by the user's browser. Therefore it is something you shouldn't trust as users can manipulate it to whatever they want. Think about security and spamming if we let that to happen

good suggestion though but what can we do about bad people :wink:

Archived