Download: IP.Board Notices System

Enkidu

File Name: IP.Board Notices System
File Submitter: Enkidu
File Submitted: 23 Oct 2011
File Updated: 20 Nov 2011
File Category: Applications

Inspired by xF notices, this application will allow you to set up notices that are triggered by certain events such as the number of likes a user has, number of posts, member group, current forum and others.
if more than one event is triggered, they will be stacked in slideshow (powered by prototype).

In version 2, we added support to all of IPS applications. In addition, you added the ability to display notice based on any portion of the requsted URL so you can display a notice virtually any where!

Lets start with a demo:
Notices on board index

Do you want to notify users browsing your blog app? no problem:
notices on IP.blog
How about IP.chat? certain thing
notices on IP.chat

Virtually, the notices system should work with every app that has a public side and uses IPB wrapper.

Features

You can mix and match any of the following criteria. We have grouped them into tabs and adopted the IPS add forum style wizard so everything will seem familiar to you.

User based Criteria

1- Member of. display if the user is a member of a user group or user groups. Whether you would like to match the primary or secondary user group or both, you will be able to.

2- Number of posts. Display if the user has a number of posts that are less than or greater then X or between two values. For example you can set a notice to be displayed to users who have posts between 50 and 100, or less than 10, or greater then 10000. The choice is yours.

3- Number of likes (or reputation points). Like the number of posts criteria, you can set up a notice to display if the number of likes/reputation points is less then, greater, or between two values.

4- Skin set. Display if the user is using a given skin. Perfect if you want to upgrade a skin or noticed an issue with it.

5- User profile field. Display if the user profile field contains a given string. For example, display if the user is a male or not telling, or if current location is set to xyz, or the interest field has some text of your choice etc etc.

6- Display on user birthday.

Location Based Criteria

1- Browsing an Application. If the user is browsing an IPS app. You can multi-select more than one app if you like.

2- Display when on forum. When someone is viewing a forum/s or even the board main page.

3- Display when on topic. You can define a notice to be displayed when a topic/s is viewed.

4- Display when the requested URL. If part of the URL has a given string for example /user/1-admin will display a notice on the admin profile page.

5- Visited from. if a user has visited a page from certain location. For example, say you have a competitor and you would like to display a message to any one coming from that competitor's website. I have set a test notice for anyone visiting from IPS.

Other criteria

1- stop/start date. You can use this criterion to create a notice that will display between two given dates.

Once again you can mix and match any of them to create your own criteria. For example, display notice Y if a user is a guest visiting from Google, and is viewing topic X.

the possibilities are endless

Admin Settings

1- set the system ON/OFF
2- set the height of the message box
3- define the background and layout of the massage
4- define the animation speed
5- define the time between slides
6- choose your transition effect (either move or fade)
7- choose your layout between the 1.x and 2.x look and feel.
8- set the notice as dismissable so users can dismiss the notice after reading it.
9- JavaScript based cookies to remember which notices have been dismissed and to reset them back to display.
10- re-order the appearance of notices with ease using drag and drop.

as always, enjoy %7Boption%7D

Click here to download this file

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Suggestion: Your 1,2,3,4,5 buttons are hard to click. Why not add Arrow style navigation on notice itself?

What u think?

The code is capable of generating arrows but they are simply not skinned. I will be looking at this in the next version.

thanks for the suggestion :)

More suggestion:

1. Option to dismiss notice by user. ?

2. May be notices based on specific forum section?

3. Possible to show different notices on different links? Like in Download section, I would like to show some text and on Store section, I would like to add something different.

if this is already possible, it's awesome.

Hi Alex

Option to dismiss notice by user. ?

xF uses database table to implement this but I don't want to add any database queries to the mod so I was thinking of cookie based dismissal. I'll see which is best.

May be notices based on specific forum section?

can you give an example. I'm not sure what you mean

Possible to show different notices on different links? Like in Download section, I would like to show some text and on Store section, I would like to add something different.

already planned for the next version :)

Hi Alex

xF uses database table to implement this but I don't want to add any database queries to the mod so I was thinking of cookie based dismissal. I'll see which is best.

can you give an example. I'm not sure what you mean

already planned for the next version :smile:

I think he means, could we have notices which are displayed only in specific forum locations

Example:

1. In download section, I would like to see notice, "Please download one file at a time and you can submit your own files using Upload button"

2. For complain section, I would like to add " Please provide this and this info before creating new topic or your topic will be deleted without any notice or no action will be taken"

3. For forum main page, I would like to add different notice for Guest, different for Validating members, etc.

4. On their profile page, I would like to add something else.. because many don't know how to edit there profile and customization.. so rather then one tutorial.. i would like to just show once on there profile page until they hit cross thing.

Just trying to make user life easier.. to use our forums and features!

Thanks! Application rock! Also, any increase in page load or anything? Will it cause issues?

Example:

1. In download section, I would like to see notice, "Please download one file at a time and you can submit your own files using Upload button"

2. For complain section, I would like to add " Please provide this and this info before creating new topic or your topic will be deleted without any notice or no action will be taken"

3. For forum main page, I would like to add different notice for Guest, different for Validating members, etc.

4. On their profile page, I would like to add something else.. because many don't know how to edit there profile and customization.. so rather then one tutorial.. i would like to just show once on there profile page until they hit cross thing.

Just trying to make user life easier.. to use our forums and features!

Thanks! Application rock! Also, any increase in page load or anything? Will it cause issues?

1- and 4 planned for next version
2- if complain section is a forum then you can do it :)
3- already done

cheers :)

Wow Enkidu ! Awesome and I really love this one..

I was wondering if once the user hovers it, that it stops so that they can read the message. Or am I doing something wrong.

Ben

I can't believe I missed that. I will add that. thanks for the suggestion :)

One more thing I noticed...the width is not resizing to the width of the page. using firefox or google chrome, if the page is manually resized. maybe it's a setting issue to re size it automatically that can be changed..

Ben

so if you manually resized your browser window, the notice width would stay the same. that because it only reads the size on initialization. Hmmmm let me think of a way to fix that.

Archived