Download: IP.Board Notices System

Enkidu

follow the solution here

either that or you can do it yourself

go to

• look and feel
  • template tool

down the page you'll find: rebuild master skin data, select rebuild html from under rebuild:, and notices system from under for application and then click rebuild

once that is done click recache skin sets to recache your skin and it should work

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

can there be a setting to reset the cookie after a admin settable period (7 days, 30 days etc)? I can see members hiding all the messages and never knowing if a message has been updated.

I know I can get new messages to display but there may be messages that the content has changes, eg: a date/place of an event, for example

also, when there is only 1 message to display, can you turn off the fade effect?

if I dismiss all messages, the bar with the reset button doesn't appear until I do a page refresh, is that normal or should it slide up and show the reset button without a refresh? - that's on latest build of chrome

not a big deal, just something to consider during a next update :smile:

Rich

this is an intended behaviour because the resent button is part of the rotator where the sliding up effect is applied. It will look sily if I made it slide up and down again with just a button. I thought about it and actually implemented that but didn't look nice.

can there be a setting to reset the cookie after a admin settable period (7 days, 30 days etc)? I can see members hiding all the messages and never knowing if a message has been updated.

I know I can get new messages to display but there may be messages that the content has changes, eg: a date/place of an event, for example

also, when there is only 1 message to display, can you turn off the fade effect?

you can edit the period in the code itself. let me see, goto: public/js/3rd_party/pluit_carousel.js and find:

this.noticesCkJar=new CookieJar({expires:3600*24*365*10,path:"/"})

so what I'm doing here is setting the cookies to expire after 10 years (measured in seconds) so to make it expires in 7 days, change to

this.noticesCkJar=new CookieJar({expires:3600*24*7,path:"/"})

Hi Enkido,

Great plugin!!

I am having an issue with a notices appearing for guests. I have set up a notice that should appear for the Guest member group, but when I log out of my account on my forum, the notice is not visible. Any ideas?

have you filled/made sure you haven't filled any other criteria?

Hello, we have an issue with -what is seems like- the default functionality of this mod:

When you do nothing, notices roll one after another > FINE
When you mouseover one notice, the scrolling pauses > FINE
When you move your mouse outside the notice box, the scrolling resumes > FINE
When you press the STOP button, scrolling stops > FINE

but When after having pressed the STOP button, you mouseover the notice box, then after you leave it, it RESUMES scrolling.

this makes it impossible to just make the damn thing to stop, since mouseover is something that will happen a zillion times when you browse a forum, going up + down the page, the mouse will go over the notices many times.

Pressing STOP should stop the scrolling, no matter what happens after that. Is there any way we can tamper with the js code to make this happen?

or is this a bug? (which I highly doubt, since in your demo also works the same way)

Hello, we have an issue with -what is seems like- the default functionality of this mod:

When you do nothing, notices roll one after another > FINE

When you mouseover one notice, the scrolling pauses > FINE

When you move your mouse outside the notice box, the scrolling resumes > FINE

When you press the STOP button, scrolling stops > FINE

but When after having pressed the STOP button, you mouseover the notice box, then after you leave it, it RESUMES scrolling.

this makes it impossible to just make the damn thing to stop, since mouseover is something that will happen a zillion times when you browse a forum, going up + down the page, the mouse will go over the notices many times.

Pressing STOP should stop the scrolling, no matter what happens after that. Is there any way we can tamper with the js code to make this happen?

or is this a bug? (which I highly doubt, since in your demo also works the same way)

Hi

uncompress and upload the attached file to /public/js/3rd_party replacing the one already there. Delete your browser's cache and see if it solves your issues

cheers

pluit-carousel.zip

Archived