Download: IP.Board Notices System

Enkidu

Hi

uncompress and upload the attached file to /public/js/3rd_party replacing the one already there. Delete your browser's cache and see if it solves your issues

cheers

pluit-carousel.zip

will you be updating the application with this new code (in due course) ?

Also, is it possible to set the message box height per message, or will that mess with the JS? - for example for most messages we use 50px, but for some messages, such as a Nexus specific one, we need a much taller message box so it can hold a menu and special offers and other good stuff.

finally, when only 1 message is displayed on a specific page, can you change the 'fade' function so it doesn't fade the single message in and out, it pulses which is kinda of strange, lol

regards
Richard
  • Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have noticed messages assigned for 'Members' are being projected to Members List, Member's Profile as well as Messages, I think it would be helpful if we could choose to have them displayed in those areas specifically and target our notices more precisely.

will you be updating the application with this new code (in due course) ?

Also, is it possible to set the message box height per message, or will that mess with the JS? - for example for most messages we use 50px, but for some messages, such as a Nexus specific one, we need a much taller message box so it can hold a menu and special offers and other good stuff.

finally, when only 1 message is displayed on a specific page, can you change the 'fade' function so it doesn't fade the single message in and out, it pulses which is kinda of strange, lol

regards

Richard

1- yes there will be an update once I know it is working.
2- I can make the js calculates the height automatically (P.S. it partially does it now) but the problem was that CKE sometimes adds 3 or 4 empty lines which makes the calculated height way higher than the contents of the notice.
3- oh are you using the 1.x or 2.x look?

I have noticed messages assigned for 'Members' are being projected to Members List, Member's Profile as well as Messages, I think it would be helpful if we could choose to have them displayed in those areas specifically and target our notices more precisely.

yes because all of these locations are parts of the members app. You can use the requested URL to fine tune that. for example: you could put app=members&module=messaging to make it display on the messenger section, or members/ tom ake display on the member list or even user/ for the members profiles :smile:

currently 2.x look (but with a single message to display it fades in and out on 1.x and 2.x look) app version is 2.1.1 I would use the 1.x look but there is no dismiss message button :(

have you tried the JS file above? I have an idea about why it is happening and maybe the file above has the solution because I fixed similar bug earlier :)

Thanks for the fix, but it doesn't seem to change anything, still having the same behaviour. Even tried at a browser that has never visited the site again (so no cache at all there) and still same problem.

post or PM me your board URL so I can see it live.

Your skills at modding are definitely getting much better. This mod looks good, so I've purchased it to support your efforts and hope to find a use on my site for this.

A few small suggestions:
1. Make the buttons for Play/Stop/Paused" the same width, so when you mouse-over the message and it changes to "Paused" the button doesn't resize.
2. Slow down the transition animation a few milliseconds on your demo site. Your demo site moves too fast when you click the next message.
3. Include (optional) number of slides next to the Next/Preview buttons with each slide number a small button you can click to select that slide. Just like a jQuery slider with 5 slides you can click between them all. Knowing how many slides are available in total makes it more user-friendly IMHO.

Your skills at modding are definitely getting much better. This mod looks good, so I've purchased it to support your efforts and hope to find a use on my site for this.

A few small suggestions:

1. Make the buttons for Play/Stop/Paused" the same width, so when you mouse-over the message and it changes to "Paused" the button doesn't resize.

2. Slow down the transition animation a few milliseconds on your demo site. Your demo site moves too fast when you click the next message.

3. Include (optional) number of slides next to the Next/Preview buttons with each slide number a small button you can click to select that slide. Just like a jQuery slider with 5 slides you can click between them all. Knowing how many slides are available in total makes it more user-friendly IMHO.

thanks very much

I'll look into implementing them in the next version :)

oh that reminds me, sometimes I have slow page loads (nothing to do with your mod) - Is it possible to not display any messages until the page is fully loaded, or maybe put a small delay during a page refresh? What happens is during a page load all messages are displayed at once and all bunched up like a row of squished thumbnails. Its mostly noticeable on the type/style 2 version

cheers
Rich

oh that reminds me, sometimes I have slow page loads (nothing to do with your mod) - Is it possible to not display any messages until the page is fully loaded, or maybe put a small delay during a page refresh? What happens is during a page load all messages are displayed at once and all bunched up like a row of squished thumbnails. Its mostly noticeable on the type/style 2 version

cheers

Rich

you could initially set the viewport style to display:none and then show it when the JS is loaded.

there is a known issue after upgrading from 1.x to 2.x. The issue is that the number of posts field would be filled with 0. Guest can't have a post count of 0 (or anything else) so the criteria will never match. So please can you make sure that the criteria are set up correctly?

if you are still having issues, PM me and we will work on solution from there :smile:

I bought it today and installed. I get this error message when I have the hood enabled, nevermind, I just rebuild and then recahed the skins and that fixed it.

yeah this has become common issue with all apps recently. I hope IPB will fix it soon :)

welcome on-board :)

Archived