Download: IP.Board Notices System

Enkidu

Hiya

what do you mean by 404 error? do you mean permission error?

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I also have a few suggestions for future updates to the mod. It's extremely useful already, but these additions would make it even better:[/font][/color]

• more granular ACP restrictions - adding/changing, enabling/disabling, and deleting notices should be separate restrictions, like in many of IP.Board's own apps
  • a dismiss button on the 1.x-style template
  • an option to use the database to store the dismissal of a notice - this way, a user won't see a notice they dismissed when they log in from another computer

thanks for the suggestions :)

1- I think revisiting the app permissions are going to be inevitable in the next version because people are suggesting more feature regarding the management of the notices rather than the notices themselves.
2- I'll see what I can do :)
3- I debated that for a while. Do I use cookies or store them in the database? Xf way is the latter (what you suggested). I think I'm gona give the user a choice between the two ;)
  • Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Another suggestion - it'd be handy if we could disallow certain notices being shown on certain pages (handy if having two notices which you want displayed on the majority of pages, but only want one of them displaying on certain pages).

thanks for the suggestion. I like it but I want an example of what you after just to be sure we're on the same page

thanks again :)

Sure :smile: I've got a global notice (welcome to TalkFord), which I don't want displaying on this page:

http://www.talkford....e/Car%20Reviews

I only want the notice about Car Reviews displaying on this specific page.

the next version will support IPC in the mean of being able to create a notices block then you can parse it wherever you want :)

so I guess it will accomplish what you want :)

Hiya

what do you mean by 404 error? do you mean permission error?

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]thanks for the suggestions :smile:[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1- [/font][/color]I think revisiting the app permissions are going to be inevitable in the next version because people are suggesting more feature regarding the management of the notices rather than the notices themselves.

2- I'll see what I can do :smile:

3- I debated that for a while. Do I use cookies or store them in the database? Xf way is the latter (what you suggested). I think I'm gona give the user a choice between the two :wink:

Yeah, a permission error. It appears that you have to be an actual admin to be able to access the notices system, when I just want to give my super moderators access to it.

It looks like I've run into another glitch with the mod... for some reason, the last notice in the current rotation does not appear anymore. This only started happening recently. For example, if there are three notices that would normally be shown to a user on a page, only the first two would actually work. The numbered tab for the last one appears, but it is never scrolled to automatically and clicking it only brings me to the first notice. I've noticed this on both my own site and another one that uses your mod.

As for storing dismissals in the database or with cookies, I think giving admins the choice would be the best option, too.

Yeah, a permission error. It appears that you have to be an actual admin to be able to access the notices system, when I just want to give my super moderators access to it.

It looks like I've run into another glitch with the mod... for some reason, the last notice in the current rotation does not appear anymore. This only started happening recently. For example, if there are three notices that would normally be shown to a user on a page, only the first two would actually work. The numbered tab for the last one appears, but it is never scrolled to automatically and clicking it only brings me to the first notice. I've noticed this on both my own site and another one that uses your mod.

As for storing dismissals in the database or with cookies, I think giving admins the choice would be the best option, too.

That issue should be solved with the JS I gave you. Maybe there is something else I haven't thought of. Please PM me your ftp and acp access details so I can take a look

thanks

That issue should be solved with the JS I gave you. Maybe there is something else I haven't thought of. Please PM me your ftp and acp access details so I can take a look

thanks

Just wanted to say thanks for working through these kinks with me and getting them all fixed up. The support experience with you, Enkidu, was very fast and friendly. :smile:

Super module with plien of fonctionaliter,

In fact I just started in the html and css, and in all that I learned he was saying that the css code indent as it was not very clean?

sorry for my english

not very clean. You're using custom skin. There is no way for me to predict how the custom skin was designed so all I can do is put some variables that people can tweak to get the rotator to display correctly :)

good evening

I have the same problem it does not display the guest

When I put it on my themes the message appears when I refresh my page it disappears

aha ! deselected all skins criteria and notices now show to guest on all skins [img]

[/img]

now to find out which rogue hook is causing IE to freeze >.<

Rich

Good :wink:

Hi,

I have an issue with dismissing. When I dismiss a message, it does not collapse, but leaves a space as shown in the attachment. When the page is reloaded, then it displays as it should (collapsed + button "Reset"). The issue is only immediately after I dismiss the notice.

I have a fresh installation of IP.Board 3.2.3. No modifications, no other apps, no skinning, only IP.Board and you [img]

[/img] The issue is reproducable in Chrome, IE, Safari and Firefox.

Firebug says:

Error: $("controlLnk") is null

Source file: http://mysite/public/js/3rd_party/pluit-carousel.js

Line: 1

Any idea how to correct the issue?

Thank you!

Hi all.

I have the same problem how to solve it?

good evening

I have the same problem it does not display the guest

When I put it on my themes the message appears when I refresh my page it disappears

Good :wink:

default skin = the skin has not been chosen yet. So it will display initially but when you refresh it will disappear as you have already selected your skin. which skin is your default skin?

Archived