Download: IP.Board Notices System

Enkidu

Hi thefreekick

sorry to hear that

please PM me your board details and I'll have a look for you

This problem has been resolved by PM. Enkidu has been a great help in solving my problems (not really related to this app) so thanks for that. This is a great mod with great support.
  • Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is a major bug Enkidu, i'm kind of dissapointed. Purchased that exit popup the other day and it screws up the other sliding message plugin rendering it useless... money wasted and now this paying 8bucks for something that doesn't work for guests, one of the MAIN reasons I bought it in the first place ><

would have been better if you'd worked out these kinks and released a new version, that way everyone doesn't have to wait for private support. If you could try and fix mine too that'd be great mate, you already have my board details, I pm'd it to you last time.

**also, another bug which is annoying. On legacy mode, the notice system screws up when i resize the window... when i resize the window the notice keeps getting taller and taller....

this is a major bug Enkidu, i'm kind of dissapointed. Purchased that exit popup the other day and it screws up the other sliding message plugin rendering it useless... money wasted and now this paying 8bucks for something that doesn't work for guests, one of the MAIN reasons I bought it in the first place ><

would have been better if you'd worked out these kinks and released a new version, that way everyone doesn't have to wait for private support. If you could try and fix mine too that'd be great mate, you already have my board details, I pm'd it to you last time.

**also, another bug which is annoying. On legacy mode, the notice system screws up when i resize the window... when i resize the window the notice keeps getting taller and taller....

sorry to hear that. All my mods are guaranteed to work together. They are all installed on my demo board and ticking like a nuclear clock. If you have ANY problem then you're entitled to a fix.

The reason why I don't release bug fixes often is that upgrading is not a light matter for a webmaster. Many of my customers have custom skins and they tweaked my mods into different directions, if they are to upgrade every 5 minutes then they all have to do all tweaks again and again. Nobody likes that.

please PM me further details of ALL your issues and I'll fix them for you

thanks very much and hope to be of help to you :smile:

I have set a message up and tested that is viewable on various pages using the admin group.

If I change the primary group to only 'guests' selected - it does not display for guests
if I deselect all primary groups (none selected) - it still does not display for guests.

regards
Rich

I have set a message up and tested that is viewable on various pages using the admin group.

If I change the primary group to only 'guests' selected - it does not display for guests

if I deselect all primary groups (none selected) - it still does not display for guests.

regards

Rich

PM me your board details (ftp+acp). If what you say is right, then you win the "you have found a bug" prize ;)

lol W00t ! :frantics:

give me 10 minutes to set you up an account

Rich

I think it might be a skin issue when guests are using our custom skin, so it might not be related to this application. I'm going to look in to it further and I'll let you know via PM if I need you to have a poke about :0

Rich

I think it might be a skin issue when guests are using our custom skin, so it might not be related to this application. I'm going to look in to it further and I'll let you know via PM if I need you to have a poke about :0

Rich

I don't know why but I suspected a bug on my end so I went to my local installation and guess what? couldn't get any notice to display when I'm a guest. After 15 minutes of debugging I found out the culprit.

I forgotten to log out :laugh:

Rich

Here is the cause

the skin id that a user is using is not always set. In fact, if you use the default skin (whichever that is) then the $this->memberData['skin'] is not set to anything. It is only when you select a skin that it gets populated.

that is why, in the skin criterion, I have an option called default skin. When selected it will ensure to match people using default skin. but that is of course if you decided to use skin criteria. if you want the notice to display on all skins then simply don't select anything from the skin criterion.

Here is the cause

the skin id that a user is using is not always set. In fact, if you use the default skin (whichever that is) then the $this->memberData['skin'] is not set to anything. It is only when you select a skin that it gets populated.

that is why, in the skin criterion, I have an option called default skin. When selected it will ensure to match people using default skin. but that is of course if you decided to use skin criteria. if you want the notice to display on all skins then simply don't select anything from the skin criterion.

aha ! deselected all skins criteria and notices now show to guest on all skins :)

now to find out which rogue hook is causing IE to freeze >.<

Rich
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have an issue with dismissing. When I dismiss a message, it does not collapse, but leaves a space as shown in the attachment. When the page is reloaded, then it displays as it should (collapsed + button "Reset"). The issue is only immediately after I dismiss the notice.

I have a fresh installation of IP.Board 3.2.3. No modifications, no other apps, no skinning, only IP.Board and you :smile: The issue is reproducable in Chrome, IE, Safari and Firefox.

Firebug says:

Error: $("controlLnk") is null

Source file: http://mysite/public/js/3rd_party/pluit-carousel.js

Line: 1

Any idea how to correct the issue?

Thank you!

Hi,

I have an issue with dismissing. When I dismiss a message, it does not collapse, but leaves a space as shown in the attachment. When the page is reloaded, then it displays as it should (collapsed + button "Reset"). The issue is only immediately after I dismiss the notice.

I have a fresh installation of IP.Board 3.2.3. No modifications, no other apps, no skinning, only IP.Board and you :smile: The issue is reproducable in Chrome, IE, Safari and Firefox.

Firebug says:

Error: $("controlLnk") is null

Source file: http://mysite/public/js/3rd_party/pluit-carousel.js

Line: 1

Any idea how to correct the issue?

Thank you!

hello

can you post your board URL please. I need to see it live

Archived