IPS Forum Accounts Disabled? What Happened?

Rheddy

I don't who this is affecting but it appears that some IPS "Active Customers" are finding their accounts being modified to just "Members" only status with no access to the support forums or the Resources website.

Does anyone know what's going on and why there was no explanation?

I jumped into chat and discovered it happened to someone else. It was working fine until a few moments ago and then #WHAM# it struck my account. There was no message as to why this happened or what and I double checked to ensure that my license was still active and it still is, through September.

I've been a loyal customer since 2004 and I find it peculiar that this would happen to such a long-standing customer.

Far as I'm aware of, I haven't. Matter of fact, I rarely download anything through the client center. While I maintain a backup copy of one download in case something happens to my site, I let the IPS staff handle every upgrade. I've even went out of my way to report anyone who distributes IPS' software through other sites ...

I just find it odd that there has been no notice regarding this current SNAFU.

Try the following steps:
1) Log out
2) Close your browser (if using a Mac, quit with Cmd+Q rather than just closing)
3) Come back and log in

If that doesn't work, please submit a ticket. Most of you all seem to have "Active Customer" though :)

We've been investigating some issues related to permission syncing, and you guys are being affected by small problems with the syncing.

It does not necessarily indicate a problem with your account. If you don't have correct permissions, and the above steps don't work, please submit a ticket so we can troubleshoot further.

It took me some time. But, I ended up having to delete all of my browser data (while keeping my bookmarks), closing my browser and logging in several times before it finally cleared. Then, for some reason, it fixed itself. It was frustrating but eventually worked itself out with all of my web browsers.

Archived