What can be improve from 3.1?

Eduardo Bautista

More customizations to user profiles.

There's a very good line between absurd and functional. While I agree there could be some additional tweaking to how profiles behave and act they do not really need "more bloat" (users don't need to drag and drop blocks, they don't need to install applications, they don't need to be able to do half of what they do on Facebook/MySpace just because they want to)

If we want to fluff up that aspect of our site, were welcome to. There's nothing stopping those who do by spending some time to learn php, css and the core function commands of the IPS Platforms ;)

There's a very good line between absurd and functional. While I agree there could be some additional tweaking to how profiles behave and act they do not really need "more bloat" (users don't need to drag and drop blocks, they don't need to install applications, they don't need to be able to do half of what they do on Facebook/MySpace just because they want to)

If we want to fluff up that aspect of our site, were welcome to. There's nothing stopping those who do by spending some time to learn php, css and the core function commands of the IPS Platforms ;)

Who said anything about applications? Just more customization features such as maybe a table color......as of right now vB 3.x has more profile customizations and that's an older piece of software.....

Tagging, improving the mod community, making IP Gallery less lame, documentation, and more gogogo speed.

More customizations to user profiles.

Doesn't have a use and doesn't help discussion. No thanks.

Tagging, improving the mod community, making IP Gallery less lame, documentation, and more gogogo speed.

Doesn't have a use and doesn't help discussion. No thanks.

It does have a use. it gives members a little more control over their accounts and a little more originnality.

Making IP.Gallery 'less lame'? yeah thats really useful.....

- Yes! Speed. IP.Board feels slightly sluggish compared to free forum softwares.
- Better Post Tracking (Unread Replies)
- WYSIWYG => Regular Editor, Editor Button
- Referral System
- Improved Buddy List Feature and Layout
- Ability to "Like" status updates

Just to list a few.

A lot of us have been asking for better control over attachments especially image attachments. I want to allow zips up to 2mb, jpegs, png's up to 400kb and specify a maximum resolution but I can't. All I can control is what file extension can be uploaded and what the maximum file size is.

The gallery still needs some work as well.

3DKiwi

I would like to see social groups and a better reputation system. The current reputation system is far to easy to abuse and a few small tweaks to the system could prevent most of the abuse. The warning system could us some work to, perhaps having a report in the report center whenever someone is warned so all the moderators are up to date with what is going on with the forums.

Better image resizing, and a major overhaul of the gallery. Lots of room for improvement, album view, and image/media uploading. Ability to use keyboard left and right arrows to view previous & next photo. Upload status indication? 20% done.

The topic is asking for opinions on what can be approved, try not to bash people for writing their ideas.

AdminCP--

• Ability to search within a template when it is selected to view
  • Ability to save historical versions of templates
  • Ability to compare versions of current/older templates side by side.

Forums--
  • (second nomination) Button (in the editor) to switch between RTE and HTML editing format
  • Links to Twitter/Facebook profiles if they have synched either
  • BB CODE IN PROFILE COMMENTS (with admin controls to enable/disable)
  • Auto media embed in profile comments (with admin controls to enable/disable)

Mostly improve the skinnign throughout the board and all apps. In the past someone told me they were working on "major changes" to gallery and blog to where they would look extremely different. And that was over a year ago, so no clue what happened with that.

I personally don't like the color scheme so much, but that's just personal preference.

As far as features I'm not so sure I care about anything big being added.

I would like to see social groups and a better reputation system. The current reputation system is far to easy to abuse and a few small tweaks to the system could prevent most of the abuse. The warning system could us some work to, perhaps having a report in the report center whenever someone is warned so all the moderators are up to date with what is going on with the forums.

Social groups...no. IMO they just distract from the forum and many times, except for a few instances, just end up with a bunch of dead social groups.

Social groups...no. IMO they just distract from the forum and many times, except for a few instances, just end up with a bunch of dead social groups.

social groups would be an excellent addition :)

social groups would be an excellent addition :)

Generally if you want to disagree with someone, you'd counter their view or show it differently.

People will eventually be put off by the bloat. Nobody who wants a forum will want a big random thing with a ton of useless features.

Archived