[Suggestion] Private Messages

AlexJ

1. Give user option to auto delete their oldest PM if their PM box is full so new PM is not hold back. If some message is imp to user they can move those messages to custom folder where PM stays forever until user deletes it.

2. Option to move Private Message to another folder while viewing messages.
post-149130-126110758947_thumb.jpg

3. Option to delete, read, unread and move (to customer folders) private messages after search.
post-149130-126110802925_thumb.jpg

4. Option to forward messages. Sometimes I don't want to show to whom I am forwarding message. Adding someone to conversation is best feature but forwarding is also needed.

• 1 month later...

I would also like to suggest Use Full Editor in the Ajax pop up.

post-149130-126437824481_thumb.jpg

If IPB team can add new button before "SEND" with something like "Use Full Editor" it would be really nice.

+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 TIMES A MILLION!
I hate that ugly popup. Its so blank, so lifeless, so ugly looking.

• 4 weeks later...

Would be really great if we could get the Archive PMs feature back in IPB v3.1. I consider it a pretty core feature that's missing... which was present in 2.x

I personally don't use the feature much, but I know my members do (sometimes they need to delete messages in order to not exceed the per-group message limit, but first they want to back them up). It was just recently brought to my attention again when I received a couple complaints from users.

I would also like to suggest Use Full Editor in the Ajax pop up.

post-149130-126437824481_thumb.jpg

If IPB team can add new button before "SEND" with something like "Use Full Editor" it would be really nice.

+ from me. The pop up can be nice for a quick message, but if you want to send a full fledged message (or a message using the "James Bond Extra Options Package" of editor features), then you're SOL currently.

+1 My members are also asking for the download archive feature back.

Would be really great if we could get the Archive PMs feature back in IPB v3.1. I consider it a pretty core feature that's missing... which was present in 2.x

As I recall, Matt was supposed to add this feature back in for v3.0.1 or v3.0.2 (he had asked how people wanted to be able to downloaded the messages, format wise). Never saw it. Either he forgot, got sidetracked, meant it for v3.1 or something else.. ie, I know he didn't lie (for anyone that likes to say IPS lies to us, referring to another topic).

So, would be nice for this to finally be added.

• 4 weeks later...

It sure is. After using it, you have to go to 'My Conversations' to do anything with the resulting PM. Why can't we be in My Conversations when we click 'Send a PM'?

Archived