IPB 2.1.5 Released

Guest IPS News

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't need to do that. You only need (not necessary, though) to put it into the Licence Settings in the AdminCP. :thumbsup:

ok i have a problem it says

error returned:

mySQL query error: SELECT * FROM download_packages WHERE download_id= AND download_allow LIKE '%,2,%'

SQL error:

SQL error code:

Date: Wednesday 01st of March 2006 01:46:57 PM

Just updated....and noticed the multiple "clickety" sounds are back :huh:

I'd suggest uploading the style_images/1/folder_js_skin/ips_menu_html.js file to each of your skin sets.

This is not the case on a default IPB 2.1.5 install, or here. If you continue to have problems please submit a ticket so we can take a look (I know what causes that issue, and it shouldn't be happening in 2.1.5).

I'd suggest uploading the style_images/1/folder_js_skin/ips_menu_html.js file to each of your skin sets.

This is not the case on a default IPB 2.1.5 install, or here. If you continue to have problems please submit a ticket so we can take a look (I know what causes that issue, and it shouldn't be happening in 2.1.5).

Ok...did as you instructed, but still hear the sounds. I went ahead and submitted a ticket. :thumbsup:

Thank You!

Yes, thanks. We found the issue. :)

To those who may experience this, please upload

style_images/1/iframe.html

to each of your style_images/#A#A#A/ folders.

The clickety sound is a DNS error...this doesn't occur on the default skin of course, since that file is there, but you will need to upload this dummy html file to each of your custom skins. :)

It looks like one of the skin changes is supposed to display a link to a user's gallery if he or she has one, but it does not appear to work. The code in question is here:

skin_profile > show_profile

<if="info['has_gallery'] == 1">  

<tr>

<td class="row2" width="30%" valign="top"><b>{ipb.lang['mygallery']}</b></td>  

<td width="70%" class="row1"><a href="{ipb.script_url}automodule=gallery&cmd=user&user={$info['mid']}"> {ipb.lang['click_here']}</a>

</td>

</tr>

</if>

Doesn't work in my forum, and I just tried creating a public gallery on this forum and I don't see the link in my profile here either.

..Al

It is not major that my RTE is now broke, but it is annoying. I'm going back to make sure I didn't miss something (entirely possible.) Did anyone else have a line spacing issue after using the upgrade pack?

Ok, here's the deal

The p tag with IE is intended. Unfortunately, changing that to a br tag broke more things than the change was worth. For example, the lists and indents no longer worked in the RTE in IE changing it to a br tag, and the RTE would require quite a major overhaul to fix those, which is not due for 2.1.x (something like that should be left for a major release).

In other words, unfortunately, IE uses p tags instead of br tags in RTE's, and overriding that causes other issues, so we will have to deal with that for now. I noted this in the bug tracker somewhere before 2.1.5 was released.

I'm checking on the gallery profile bit. I added the code verbatim as it was provided to me, so I'll have to check on the intended functionality. I'll address that in a minute.

Regarding "clicking" noises. You WILL here a click moving from page to page, that is normal with IE. The abnormal part is when you go to a page and hear like 7 clicks. Then, when this happens, the back button does not work until you hit it like 5-6 times. THAT is what uploading the iframe.html file resolves. ;) I hope that clears that up.

Ok, here's the deal

In other words, unfortunately, IE uses p tags instead of br tags in RTE's, and overriding that causes other issues, so we will have to deal with that for now. I noted this in the bug tracker somewhere before 2.1.5 was released.

What the hell? It was working before. Now it isn't. That is something that you should have put in the announcement. I wouldn't have upgraded. Over 75% of my site uses IE. You shouldn't have left it in the bug tracker.

Ok, the bits with the gallery...I got confirmation.

There are two places where has_gallery should be set, but it's only set in one. This was more of an addition, so it's not like I broke anything here - you guys just didn't get the benefit of the addition unfortunately.

As we didn't announce this as a new feature or addition, you guys pick up on things too quick. ;) If you would like to include this in 2.1.5, it is possible however with a quick edit to profile.php (sources/aciton_public/)

Find

$info['has_blog'] = $member['has_blog'];

add after it

$info['has_gallery'] = $member['has_gallery'];

Save and upload.

As we didn't announce this as a new feature or addition, you guys pick up on things too quick. ;) If you would like to include this in 2.1.5, it is possible however with a quick edit to profile.php (sources/aciton_public/)

Find

$info['has_blog'] = $member['has_blog'];

add after it

$info['has_gallery'] = $member['has_gallery'];

Save and upload.

Many thanks.

What the hell? It was working before. Now it isn't. That is something that you should have put in the announcement. I wouldn't have upgraded. Over 75% of my site uses IE. You shouldn't have left it in the bug tracker.

I apologize for the inconvenience, however at this time, the problem lies with IE, not with IPB.

See, to make IPB use line breaks (br tags) instead of paragraph tags, you have to actually use javascript to capture the keystroke, and run a specialized function instead of allowing the rte to use the javascript exec_command like normal.

In any event, I KNEW there would be some people (like yourself) who would not be happy either way. Unfortunately, I think leaving the list tag and the indent tags broken, just so line breaks in IE are one line instead of two, was the worst of the two scenarios.

If you wish to REVERT this to the 2.1.4 behaviour (noting that the the indent and list tags WILL be broken) this is what you can do...

Find the following in jscripts/ipb_editor_rte.js

// This setting makes hitting the enter key in IE turn into a // newline (br tag) instead of the default action of using a // paragraph tag. This causes the indent and list options not // to work properly in IE, so do not enable this unless you // don't care about those options. This functionality will be // expanded upon in a future release, however this is not due // to an issue with IPB, but rather due to how IE handles the // javascript exec_command functions, and is beyond our control // without a lot of javascript rewriting of those functions, // specific to IE behaviors. //----------------------------------------------------------- var ie_ptags_to_newlines = false;

//-----------------------------------------------------------

Change that variable to true, and it will work like it did in 2.1.4....note the large comment I added before this variable however. :rolleyes:

Again - this is not IPB's fault....

Thank you. I'm aware of the issues with IE.
I'm upset that I wasn't warned beforehand that behavior would change.

None of my users use those other functions. They ALL post. Leaving those others broken is a no-brainer for my site.

Archived