IPB 2.1.5 Released

Guest IPS News

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

making edits to all the source files again gona give me a Brain Tumnour Attack for sure...So i m not gona upgrade so soon...

making edits to all the source files again gona give me a Brain Tumnour Attack for sure...So i m not gona upgrade so soon...

I hate upgrading. Will it cause any problems, because the only mod I have installed is FuSoYa'S Pips and Team Icons mod ( http://mods.invisionize.com/db/index.php/f/5565 ).

This affects the following files:
sources/action_admin/groups.php
sources/action_public/profile.php
sources/action_public/topics.php

Is this easy to fix after the upgrade? It's the only mod I have installed. ;)

(I've just opended a support ticket about this, so I'll see what Management say. :) )

Hopefully this will be the last one before 2.2 :)

I hope so too...

Lol.

WTF

I can't download it because i have an unpaid invoice?? I bought a Perpetual License last year i thought that meant i had access to all upgrades?

Ps. I know this isn't a support forum anymore but this don't make sense, and i don't know where i should post about it :(

If you have lot of mods, its best to wait like a week maybe even 2 weeks before upgrading that way modders have time to make any fixes to their mods if need. Looks like not to much change other then common bug fixes so not a total rush to upgrade unless your having one of those 50 issues and their bugging the hell out of yeah.

For me its a pain in the ass for upgrading all my mods (the only mod I have not made by me is the PM Log)... But I'm getting better and better at it every time... What will be bad is when 2.2 or 3.0 comes out... That will take me weeks because I'll have to recode everything... Small updates like this is just redoing changes, which doesnt take long, but still... Anoying....

I find the best thing to do when doing modifications is wrap the code that's changed or added with something like this:

// Cy MOD //->
code here
//<-// Cy MOD //

Then I'll use a file content searcher to search for "// Cy MOD //" and I open each file from both sides and re-apply the mod. Most of the time its simply changing it exactly the way I did last time, and every once in a great while I'll have to redo a certain section, most commonly for my Dynamic BBCode mod (which I never released for 2.1).

I find the best thing to do when doing modifications is wrap the code that's changed or added with something like this:

// Cy MOD //->

code here

//<-// Cy MOD //

Then I'll use a file content searcher to search for "// Cy MOD //" and I open each file from both sides and re-apply the mod. Most of the time its simply changing it exactly the way I did last time, and every once in a great while I'll have to redo a certain section, most commonly for my Dynamic BBCode mod (which I never released for 2.1).

That's exactly what I do when I apply modifications to my board. It makes upgrading a lot easier. :)

The problem with that Cy is when you alter original code then you have to figure out which new code matches or is the same.

That's why if its not obvious, you wrap the origonal code inside with /* */ so:

// My MOD //->
/*
origonal code
*/
new code
//<-// My MOD //

Generally modifications are pretty obvious, especially the minor ones. But if not, make a copy of what you're changing for reference later :)

Does this contain a fix for the stats bug that has been discussed? When certain conditions are met and a bot visits the site the stats are reset.

Don't see it listed in the bug fixes.

Yes, it does. A few fixed, that were reported in tickets instead of through the bug tracker, I forgot to add to the list. This is one of them. :)

After upgrading via the changed files, I have lost the ability to edit any member in the ACP. The option box is not clickable. I have submitted a ticket, However does anyone else see the same problem?

Added:

At lease one other has reported the same problem on the other board.

Am I correct in thinking that the edit to the profile view:

</if>

<if="info['has_gallery'] == 1">

<tr>

<td class="row2" width="30%" valign="top"><b>{ipb.lang['mygallery']}</b></td>

<td width="70%" class="row1"><a href="{ipb.script_url}automodule=gallery&cmd=user&user={$info['mid']}"> {ipb.lang['click_here']}</a></td>

</tr>

</if>

is meant to produce a link to the user's gallery? If so, it doesn't seem to be working and I see nothing in its place, unless I've goofed up of course.

Ah, I guess that was supposed to be <if="$info['has_gallery'] == 1">

No scrub that, that doesn't work either.

Archived