IPB 2.1.5 Released

Guest IPS News

Ok, the bits with the gallery...I got confirmation.

There are two places where has_gallery should be set, but it's only set in one. This was more of an addition, so it's not like I broke anything here - you guys just didn't get the benefit of the addition unfortunately.

As we didn't announce this as a new feature or addition, you guys pick up on things too quick. ;) If you would like to include this in 2.1.5, it is possible however with a quick edit to profile.php (sources/aciton_public/)

Find

$info['has_blog'] = $member['has_blog'];

add after it

$info['has_gallery'] = $member['has_gallery'];

Save and upload.

This did not work for me. Here's the chunk of code from my profile.php:

$info['member_rank_img']	  = $member['member_rank_img'];

$info['has_blog']			 = $member['has_blog'];

$info['has_gallery']		  = $member['has_gallery'];	

$info['members_display_name'] = $member['members_display_name'];

Here's a capture of how it's not showing up:

no_gallery_link.png

..Al

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This did not work for me. Here's the chunk of code from my profile.php:

Ensure that the has_gallery piece has been added inside the function view_profile(), and not just view_card().

Also, because of a bug in Gallery 2.0.4, the member will need to have created at least one new album since upgrading to Gallery 2.0.5, otherwise the key won't be set properly.

Thank you. I'm aware of the issues with IE.

I'm upset that I wasn't warned beforehand that behavior would change.

None of my users use those other functions. They ALL post. Leaving those others broken is a no-brainer for my site.

I sympathize...this just wasn't something we felt needed warning. IPB still works, and the RTE still works with IE. IE just happens to add an extra line break. I really didn't know it was going to be that big a deal to some. :blink:

Extra line breaks
vs
Broken functionality

However, as I've posted the above workaround (or rather, method to revert to how it behaved in 2.1.4), this shouldn't be an issue for you any longer. :)

In any event, I KNEW there would be some people (like yourself) who would not be happy either way. Unfortunately, I think leaving the list tag and the indent tags broken, just so line breaks in IE are one line instead of two, was the worst of the two scenarios.

I don't use IE (I use Macs primarily), but I just fired it up on one of my PCs to see what's going on. And I must say, it looks absolutely attrocious and you can bet that I'll be reverting this change. Most of my users are using IE (and I'm sure this is true of anyone's forum) and most of them hit two returns at the end of each paragraph.

For those wondering how the difference looks, here is a snapshot of two posts. The first I composed using Firefox in OS X, the second post was made using Internet Explorer in Windows XP. I only hit return TWICE after each line of text:

newlines.png

I know my users would find this unacceptable (as do I), so I'll be reverting the change. Everyone hits returns while posting messages (well, most everyone), and hardly anyone uses indenting and lists.

..Al

Ensure that the has_gallery piece has been added inside the function view_profile(), and not just view_card().

I did put the link in the view_profile function, but I'm glad you reminded me about the card so I can add the code there as well.

Also, because of a bug in Gallery 2.0.4, the member will need to have created at least one new album since upgrading to Gallery 2.0.5, otherwise the key won't be set properly.

I see. I created a new gallery and then I was able to see the gallery link in my profile. However, I have a large, existing user base and would like to ensure that anyone who has a gallery will have the appropriate link in their profile. Can you write a query that would set this bit properly for anyone who has a gallery?

..Al

I do agree it's very annoying, but like Brandon said they can't do anything about it as it's the way IE works at this time. Let's just hope it's fixed in IE 7 (someone should check, and if it's not then post it as a bug to them ASAP).

Good job on this release Brandon! :)

Yes, thanks. We found the issue. :)

To those who may experience this, please upload

style_images/1/iframe.html

to each of your style_images/#A#A#A/ folders.

The clickety sound is a DNS error...this doesn't occur on the default skin of course, since that file is there, but you will need to upload this dummy html file to each of your custom skins. :)

That worked a treat! Many thanks, hun.......I really appreciate the help. :D

Ok, the bits with the gallery...I got confirmation.

There are two places where has_gallery should be set, but it's only set in one. This was more of an addition, so it's not like I broke anything here - you guys just didn't get the benefit of the addition unfortunately.

As we didn't announce this as a new feature or addition, you guys pick up on things too quick. ;) If you would like to include this in 2.1.5, it is possible however with a quick edit to profile.php (sources/aciton_public/)

Find

$info['has_blog'] = $member['has_blog'];

add after it

$info['has_gallery'] = $member['has_gallery'];

Save and upload.

I entered the above strings to the sources/action_public/profile.php....and made sure it was placed under both areas that had $info['has_blog'] = $member['has_blog'];....but there is no link showing in the "card" like it does now in the profile. Is there suppose to be an additional edit for show_card? I don't see this in the 2.1.4-2.1.5 export of template bit changes. Or is this suppose to just show up in profile view only?

I just spent the last two weeks fixing things on my board after upgrading to 2.1.4(and still have some to fix! :o ) I knew this was coming but I am gonna wait to see how this all sorts out with the small errors peeps are having with 2.1.5. I barely get enough sleep as it is lately :lol:

hi ,

now i can''t click on any dropdown menu in admincp in ie for example in management /forums / the menu of any forum => clicking it don't work

the javascript error is

Line:81

Char:3

Error: 'ipb_var_image_url' is undefined

Code:0

i get this error in any dropdown menu in admincp in ie

For the change files (the skin changes) could we please have the option to choose the colors of what changed, like what was added, or removed. or make the colors diffrent. I am color-blind so, the changes (to me) can't really be told apart. I'm color-blind to red and green, which is what you use in the file. Why doesn't someone think of those with "disabilities"?

hi ,

now i can''t click on any dropdown menu in admincp in ie for example in management /forums / the menu of any forum => clicking it don't work

the javascript error is

Line:81

Char:3

Error: 'ipb_var_image_url' is undefined

Code:0

i get this error in any dropdown menu in admincp in ie

I have same problem.... Please i need a fix... IE problem... It works fine with firefox

I entered the above strings to the sources/action_public/profile.php....and made sure it was placed under both areas that had $info['has_blog'] = $member['has_blog'];....but there is no link showing in the "card" like it does now in the profile. Is there suppose to be an additional edit for show_card? I don't see this in the 2.1.4-2.1.5 export of template bit changes. Or is this suppose to just show up in profile view only?

It's only supposed to show up in the profile view only. The typo was that it was placed in view_card() instead of view_profile() :)

It's only supposed to show up in the profile view only. The typo was that it was placed in view_card() instead of view_profile() :)

this is added to the right spots still not showing for me its got to be a sql query to make it show up

Same here, I use my paypal as I want to buy another board license and I wasn't sure how long it take to transfer the money from paypal to my back account. Hell last time it was almost instant, guess next time I'll use my credit card..

Archived