IPB 2.1.5 Released

Guest IPS News

Hello,

I have a problem with IE and ACP.

Do you already know about this bug?

This bug was already corrected. If you redownload the zip package, you can reupload

skin_acp/IPB2_Standard/acp_js_skin/ips_menu_html.js

@Myr, I understand. It's not that people don't like the change bothering me...can't pleae everyone. I am just a little put off about the level of attacks against me/us for a browser-based issue, that's all.

I had a feeling some would not like the change, which is why I left a way for users to use the 2.1.4 style in the javascript file.

Regarding IE7, honestly, I haven't used it yet purely because it's not final and I still need to support IE6 for IPB. I sure hope it behaves more like FF. The problem is, I don't know what standards goven the javascript that allows RTE's to be possible...some ECMA standard I'm imagining, and I haven't researched what exactly those standards (assuming they exist) say should happen when hitting enter in the content editable area.

In all honesty, I have to say, I believe IE is doing the "right" thing in this situation, as html document formatting serves better when paragraphs are separated by p tags. This is just how html was designed, naturally, but that's an opinion. I think FF *looks* better in it's handling of the enter key in the RTE. Pluses and minuses on either side.

@Cy, the problem is more complicated than you may be realizing.

To make the enter key cause one line break, I had to introduce a javascript function that listened for the keystrokes and when it saw enter (only in IE of course) it inserted a linebreak and returned, instead of allowing IE to do what it would normally do.

The problem is, the RTE almost completely uses the javascript exec_command function. This is how RTE's work. It is then up to the browser to do what it would do for a list, or an indent, and so on.

The exec_command however does not work properly in IE for list and indent when it can't find the paragraph tags it's expecting. It's like regex behind the scenes - the browser can't find what it's looking for (the opening p tag where your cursor is) so it assumes the beginning (in this case) is the beginning of the editor area.

I've provided a method of allowing it to work like it did in 2.1.4 (built into IPB with only the need to change a javascript variable) but really it will indeed take quite a bit of working and tweaking to get the p tag issue AND the indent/list issue resolved in IE.

I've seen an interesting solution - instead of using p tags, make it use a tag that you would never use otherwise (i.e. addresscard) then do regex on this after the fact to change to br tags. This discussion however is too complicated and lengthy to continue in this topic.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Believe it or not, I actually had a similar problem about a month ago, which I ended up resolving. Dont remember exactly what I did, but I know you can do something about it. It may be far more complex than what im doing, but the principle should be the same, and if you're willing I'll offer my assistance in helping you resolve the issue.

No security updates no, and yes there is an upgrade pack in the client center.

Brandon,
Perhaps to "finalize" 2.1.5 some more, would you upgrade the zip one more time to include the latest and working fix for the new gallery add-on thingy for profiles?

No security updates no, and yes there is an upgrade pack in the client center.

Brandon,

Perhaps to "finalize" 2.1.5 some more, would you upgrade the zip one more time to include the latest and working fix for the new gallery add-on thingy for profiles?

Working gallery thing in profiles :o
I might be tempted to upgrade after all!

@GolfDude, please understand, we cannot provide support through these forums. I try to help out here and there and answer some simple questions, but if you need support, you MUST submit a tickt to the client center, or use IPS Beyond as a means of unofficial support. :)

Hello,

I have two problems right now and i would like to tell me if others have them too

First, fastreply doesnt work again.

Second, at adminCP i get blank page when clicking Components link

Thanks

can some tell me about this?

thanks

Hopefully this will be the last one before 2.2 :)

I use to get an upgade everytime they came out but having to reinstall all my mods became a pain in the a**. Plus one thing I learned about upgrading is to not upgrade until all the mods I have are made for the upgrade. Otherwise you got alot of hassle and a funky boring lookin' spot.

*If anyone wants my forum addy, PM me*

Hi, I, just finish upgrading my board now am getting the following error, can anyone tell me why am getting this problem

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: most_online() in /home/MyWebSite/public_html/sources/action_public/boards.php on line 155

Hi, I, just finish upgrading my board now am getting the following error, can anyone tell me why am getting this problem

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: most_online() in /home/MyWebSite/public_html/sources/action_public/boards.php on line 155

Just upgraded also and got the same error.

Just upgraded also and got the same error.

Nevermind.

If you get this error you just need to redo the edits in "(FSY21) Members Online Today v3.1"
that were overwriten with this upgrade.

another update, i dont think i would bother to upgrade since i have alot of mods installed, its very annoying to recode them when u gyus release new version with minor change, could u guys please stop relasin minor bugs and save all of them into one big release?
instead of 5 annoying release why not mke one relase instead a bigone where it contains all bugs fixed, we dont mind waiting long time instead, we would be happy if u guys did, so we wouldnt need to upgrade the version whenever a small version is released in a short period... so please do that

• Management

I've made a fix for the IE line breaks issue and we're currently testing on this forum.

Feel free to download the attached file, rename it to "ipb_editor_rte.js" and upload it to your "jscripts" folder. Remember to empty your browser cache and any temporary internet files before testing it.

ipb_editor_rte.js.txt

I've made a fix for the IE line breaks issue and we're currently testing on this forum.

Matt, is there some way that these small edits /corrections for new updates such as 2.1.5 can be added to the main announcement post.
I know of two inluded/buried in this thread already.

• Management

If / when we update the main download, we'll mention what's been updated.

The only other one was the JS bug with IE (again) and drop down menus which was fixed a few hours after the main download went out.

Feel free to download the attached file, rename it to "ipb_editor_rte.js" and upload it to your "jscripts" folder. Remember to empty your browser cache and any temporary internet files before testing it.

Glad to hear this, I will test it out shortly and hopefully report on my success. :)

Thanks,

..Al

Go Matt :D !

bow.gif

Brandon, we still wub you to :wub: (in a non weird way)

Archived