IPB 2.1.2 & ICB 1.2.1 Released

Guest IPS News

Ok....tried to update on my mirror test forum...exact same error..albeit not related to arcade or calandar...

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: skin_global_11 in /home/forum/sources/ipsclass.php on line 1350

Tried the rebuild skins file but no good...all folders are chomd correctly also...anything else i could try?

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok....tried to update on my mirror test forum...exact same error..albeit not related to arcade or calandar...

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: skin_global_11 in /home/forum/sources/ipsclass.php on line 1350

Tried the rebuild skins file but no good...all folders are chomd correctly also...anything else i could try?

Your skin_global.php did not rebuild.. Run the rebuild again, and READ the results, and you'll probably see a failure. PERHAPS editing skin_global.php in cacheid_11 and changing the line

class skin_global {

to

class skin_global_11 {

will solve the problem, but i'd try to do it through the rebuild process first. I'm betting that particular file is not chmodded correctly.

I had to run the Skin Rebuild file about 3 times before it kicked into working, then ran the update script!

This script ( Rebuild skin ) should it not be added to the IPB main post or something so ppl can download it and find it and not have to look around all this posts as its already 4 pages.

[Registering] Only one email set to strtolower()

A little off topic from here, but my bug submittal

my FIRST REPORTED AND FIXED :)

I had reported this....

I noticed this error on my board and I tested it on this board to confirm.

Fill in Display Name

Fill in User Name

Fill in Password

Fill in Password

Now.....

Fill in email address using capitals (works normal when in lower case)

User@MyDomain.com

User@MyDomain.com

Now if you make a mistake with filling in the random code the form will come back with an error on the email.

It leaves the first email address alone but it changes the second one to lower case.

So not only do you have the error for the random code but also on the email address.

I guess the system changes the second address to lower case but does not do it for the first, thus creating the unmatched email entry.

Am I being clear enough or am I confusing you?

Mat responded this...

Updating status to: Fixed

I know, I know, no big deal but Hey the little stuff counts right?

I am not having some of the bigs mentioned that were fixed in 2.1.1 But if this is not a security update I think I will go ahead and sit at 2.1.1 for a while.

I know no one told me to install mods but at the same time I got a Final version and that should be a sign that it iw ready if you know what I mean. I am not uspdet just holding off on the update

I'm really not happy that the links in the blog changed from cmd= to req=. I mean, what is the point of that?? It might look nice, but.... It really makes things more of a pain in the butt since I customized some templates... A lot of templates.... I'll try doing a search and replace though :). I hope IPB doesnt use cmd= anywhere else but the blog... Would make things easier :D

By the way, did the bug that incorrectly counted users in sub groups get fixed? I sumitted a ticket about it before the bug reporter thingy, and forgot to report it afterwards (been busy).

I'll try upgrading as soon as I can... I'll say that im happy a lot of hard coded stuff got moved to the language packs. I hope there isnt to much for me to redo :unsure:. Am kinda anxious to get upgraded because of a few calander issues that were fixed :thumbsup:

@ Labonte18...

Thanks for the response...

Your skin_global.php did not rebuild.. Run the rebuild again, and READ the results, and you'll probably see a failure.

I re ran the rebuildskin php i downloaded ...it dosent create any errors at all...says all rebuilt
Rebuilt HTML templates cache for set IPB 2.1 Default...
Rebuilt HTML templates cache for set Custom...
Done!

Leads to same error.... If i then go ahead and do as u say by changing

class skin_global {

to

class skin_global_11 {

it fixes that error but then i get the login page ..fill in details and recieve a new error

Cannot instantiate non-existent class: skin_login_11

if i go na do the same as u suggested with other file i get the login page again..after logging in i get this one....

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: skin_global_12

...so imm assuming its just gonna continue on and on.....

i have double checked and all the files are chomd correctly...

• Management

I'm really not happy that the links in the blog changed from cmd= to req=. I mean, what is the point of that?? It might look nice, but.... It really makes things more of a pain in the butt since I customized some templates... A lot of templates.... I'll try doing a search and replace though :). I hope IPB doesnt use cmd= anywhere else but the blog... Would make things easier :D

cmd= was changed to req= primarily due to the fact that many hosts are beginning to use apache module mod_security -- cmd= passed in the URL gets filtered by mod_security and ultimately results in the blocking of the user's IP that initiated the request. Unfortunate indeed. ;)

cmd= was changed to req= primarily due to the fact that many hosts are beginning to use apache module mod_security -- cmd= passed in the URL gets filtered by mod_security and ultimately results in the blocking of the user's IP that initiated the request. Unfortunate indeed. ;)

Wow :o

The cmd= had to be changed because the virus protection on some hosts were blocking blog pages since cmd= is deemed to be something that virii use :)

Updated first site no problem, second went as follows:

Main forum:

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: skin_global_19 in /home/planet/public_html/forums/sources/ipsclass.php on line 1407

Admin CP:

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: skin_global_19 in /home/planet/public_html/forums/sources/ipsclass.php on line 1444

Ran the rebuild skin file from this topic, stated all was OK, was able to access the Admin CP, however on request the forum itself, nothing would happen. Tried rebuilding skin sets from within the ACP, no joy.

Have restored database and file backups to 2.1.1

Any ideas what the problem is?

Please to be passing along the solution if you get it before I do...

I'm also noticing that the error seems to go between lines 1870 and 1876.. Sometimes one, sometimes the other.

Does the "elseif" vs "else if" have anything to do with it?

yeah same here with line nbrs and I noticed that elseif too.. the other part of code in calendar.php are spelled "else if" and there are few spelled "elseif" as if the programmer typed so fast

so I thought if I fix them with "else if" so I did that and tried again.. still get same error.. hmm..

Question. I paid a good sizeable amount of money to have someone make may custom skin work with all the skin changes in 2.1.0. If I upgrade to 2.1.2 (those skin changes were applied to my current version 2.1.1) will I lose those skin changes and revert my skin back to what it was when I was using 2.0.4 or will those skin changes stay intact? I cannot afford to pay someone to put the skin changes back in just to have my board run normally without any mods.

I have no mods on my board. Just very worried about the skin changes with 2.1.2 Thanks! :)

@ Labonte18...

Thanks for the response...

I re ran the rebuildskin php i downloaded ...it dosent create any errors at all...says all rebuilt

i have double checked and all the files are chomd correctly...

I was hoping you'd run it from the ACP, but i'm assuming that you could not access the ACP? Try fixing the files until you can access the ACP. Run Rebuild Skin Cache Set.. You should get output similar to...

Skin Set Caches Rebuilt (id: 7)

Rebuilding Macros for set IPB 2.1 Default...

Done.... (Macro ID: 7)...

Rebuilding CSS for set IPB 2.1 Default...

Rebuilding css file for css_7...

Rebuilding HTML templates cache for set IPB 2.1 Default...

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_boards.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_buddy.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_calendar.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_chatpara.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_d2gmap.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_editors.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_emails.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_forum.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_global.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_help.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_legends.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_login.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_mlist.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_mod.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_modcenter.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_msg.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_online.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_poll.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_portal.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_post.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_printpage.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_profile.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_register.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_search.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_stats.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_subscriptions.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_topic.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_ucp.php

Done HTML templates rebuild... (id: 7)

Rebuilding wrappers cache for set IPB 2.1 Default...

Done wrapper rebuild... (id: 7)

Rebuilding the skin set ID relationship cache...

You have something not set correctly. If your files AND folders ALL have the correct ownership and permissions, it works. Run the command 'chmod 777 cache -R' from your forum root directory and try again.

I got impatient this morning and just re-edited all of Dean's and Fusoya's mods back in, reuploaded all the files, ran the upgrade script, and voila. And since I did minimal editing to my template bits for the skins I use, it would appear that the upgrade script put in the new code as well. :)

I have problems after upgraded to ICB 1.2.1

First, there is no such file in the package as specified in the upgrade instruction

lang/en/lang_blog.php

In stead, there is a file "lang_blog.php" in the directory "cache\lang_cache\en", So I uploaded this file into the folder cache\lang_cache\en

After upgrading, many things no longer work. For example, clicking "my blog" on the forum menu bar, it lists all blogs instead go to my blog.

There are javascript error when click some links in my blog page.

Please help me.

Archived