IPB 2.1.2 & ICB 1.2.1 Released

Guest IPS News

Ok, so here's the changed files list posted here....

/ipb_templates.xml
/cache/lang_cache/en/lang_chatsigma.php - NEW FILE
/cache/lang_cache/en/lang_editors.php
/cache/lang_cache/en/lang_forum.php
/cache/lang_cache/en/lang_global.php
/cache/lang_cache/en/lang_msg.php
/cache/lang_cache/en/lang_printpage.php
/cache/lang_cache/en/lang_profile.php
/cache/lang_cache/en/lang_register.php
/cache/lang_cache/en/lang_subscriptions.php
/cache/lang_cache/en/lang_topic.php
/install/installfiles/ipb_settings.xml
/install/sql/mysql_inserts.php
/jscripts/ipb_bbcode.js
/jscripts/ipb_editor_rte.js
/jscripts/ipb_editor_std.js
/jscripts/ipb_global_xmlenhanced.js
/jscripts/ipb_topic.js (LF/CR difference only)
/jscripts/ipb_xhr_findnames.js
/jscripts/ips_xmlhttprequest.js
/lofiversion/index.php
/lofiversion/lofi_skin.php
/sources/ipsclass.php
/sources/action_admin/attachments.php
/sources/action_admin/calendars.php
/sources/action_admin/components.php
/sources/action_admin/forums.php
/sources/action_admin/groups.php
/sources/action_admin/help.php
/sources/action_admin/index.php
/sources/action_admin/languages.php
/sources/action_admin/member.php
/sources/action_admin/postoffice.php
/sources/action_admin/rebuild.php
/sources/action_admin/rssimport.php
/sources/action_public/boards.php
/sources/action_public/calendar.php
/sources/action_public/forums.php
/sources/action_public/login.php
/sources/action_public/paysubscriptions.php
/sources/action_public/post.php
/sources/action_public/register.php
/sources/action_public/topics.php
/sources/action_public/usercp.php
/sources/action_public/xmlout.php
/sources/action_public/misc/attach.php
/sources/action_public/misc/contact_member.php
/sources/action_public/misc/stats.php
/sources/api/api_components.php
/sources/classes/class_display.php
/sources/classes/class_email.php
/sources/classes/class_forums.php
/sources/classes/class_session.php
/sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php
/sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode_core.php
/sources/classes/editor/class_editor.php
/sources/classes/editor/class_editor_rte.php
/sources/classes/post/class_post.php
/sources/components_acp/chatpara.php
/sources/components_acp/chatsigma.php - NEW FILE
/sources/components_acp/gallery.php
/sources/components_acp/hello.php - NEW FILE
/sources/components_init/chat_sigma.php - NEW FILE
/sources/components_init/hello.php - NEW FILE
/sources/components_location/chat_sigma.php - NEW FILE
/sources/components_location/hello.php - NEW FILE
/sources/components_public/chat_sigma.php - NEW FILE
/sources/components_public/hello.php - NEW FILE
/sources/components_ucp/hello.php - NEW FILE
/sources/handlers/han_editor.php
/sources/lib/admin_cache_functions.php
/sources/lib/func_boardstats.php
/sources/lib/func_chat.php
/sources/lib/func_mod.php
/sources/lib/func_msg.php
/sources/portal_plugins/recent_topics.php
/sources/sql/mysql_admin_queries.php
/sources/sql/mysql_queries.php
/sources/tasks/dailycleanout.php
/upgrade/index.php
/upgrade/upgrade.php
/upgrade/upg_21008 - DIRECTORY

In theory... The /upgrade/upgrade.php file doesn't make any difference because you won't be using it. You'll be using the /upgrade/index.php file.. But I put it in and don't feel like removing it.

Almost EVERY file has been changed, but most of them are just the version number at the top, and I did not include those in this list, because that doesn't matter from a funtionality standpoint.

So, the theory goes, compare the updated files with files that you have modded, then mod the new files, upload them, run the upgrade script... Boom, you're on 2.1.2.

Do a google search for "Compare It" to help with the changes.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You shouldn't need to totally redo your skins at all for maintainance releases such as this - there's a difference report included with the release annoucnement to allow you to add in any HTML changes that are needed in templates that you've customised. Any non-customised templates that have changes in are updated automatically by the upgrade script and therefor require no action on your part.

Alex with all due respect i just upgraded 2 sites and the blog upgrade skin recaching will not change 1 bit in the custom skins at all

Lovely, I upgraded to IPB 2.1.2 but it stopped in the middle of the second step, and now my board index has this error: Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: skin_global_22 in public_html/forum/sources/ipsclass.php on line 1329

And I cannot continue the upgrade either.

I've put in a ticket I do hope it's handled as soon as possible.

Alex with all due respect i just upgraded 2 sites and the blog upgrade skin recaching will not change 1 bit in the custom skins at all

It worked fine for me during the quality assurance process - if you're having an individual issue on your board(s) please submit a ticket for assistance if needed.

What is the chat sigma thingy?

It's the component to handle integration with the old version of IPS Chat which was powered by Sigma Chat.

Lovely, I upgraded to IPB 2.1.2 but it stopped in the middle of the second step, and now my board index has this error: Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: skin_global_22 in public_html/forum/sources/ipsclass.php on line 1329

Upload the attached file to your forums installation and run it - will hopefully restore access to your board, depending on exactly what part of the upgrade process it failed on:

Thank you Alex, that did restore it.

However the upgrade did not finish, it stopped in the middle of the second step (logged in, it said removed duplicate settings, 5 queries run) then it stopped with the error received in the ticket with something in calendar.php after I pressed Proceed. Will IPS be able to finish the upgrade for me?

This is getting rather tedious, I only installed 2.1.1 a few days ago, only 20 minutes ago installed a new mod (1 of 4), and now you bring out another BUG fix.

There's no way im upgrading again, but if I did you'd bring out 2.1.3 a few days later.

No-one forces you to upgrade, Matt isn't holding a gun to your head threatening you to use your FTP client or else..

Get a grip, and stop whining.

I also have the same error...

No-one forces you to upgrade, Matt isn't holding a gun to your head threatening you to use your FTP client or else..

Get a grip, and stop whining.

I just don't understand how they could release 2.1.0 as a final >_<

I read all the bugfixes of the betas and RCs.
In every release there were soooo many fixes.
And even in the last one before the final there were stil too many.

Then I was VERY suprised when they released the first final 2.1x

Who/What the hell pushed you to release it?

It was to early and I immideatly knew it when I read the anouncement.

Now were all angry because we have to put the mods back in,
if we wanna be up to date
and want to have these bugs fixed.

BTW: this current list of bugfixes reads like a list of a 1 year old software.
(they're sooo basic! :unsure: )

I just can't express my dissapointment enough....

sorry I know you're working hard ..but...

steffen

Just a note.. The major difference between my list and the "Official" list is that I didn't count anything that had just a copyright header change. It doesn't affect the functionality of the forum software at all, but it could cause some heads to pop off and spin around if you open a support ticket..

My list will help you narrow down the files that have actual code changes, compare that to a list of files that you have modded (You keep a list like that, don't you?) and use a program such as Compare It (Available from http://www.grigsoft.com/wincmp3.htm) to compare the differences between your modded files and the new release files.

And back everything up first.

Upload the attached file to your forums installation and run it - will hopefully restore access to your board, depending on exactly what part of the upgrade process it failed on:

Was having the same problem. Tried the file but it didn't help. I've put a ticket in, but if anyone can offer any other advice in the meantime I'd be grateful.

Just a note.. The major difference between my list and the "Official" list is that I didn't count anything that had just a copyright header change. It doesn't affect the functionality of the forum software at all, but it could cause some heads to pop off and spin around if you open a support ticket..

My list will help you narrow down the files that have actual code changes, compare that to a list of files that you have modded (You keep a list like that, don't you?) and use a program such as Compare It (Available from

http://www.grigsoft.com/wincmp3.htm)

to compare the differences between your modded files and the new release files.

And back everything up first.

Good idea, you can also use MS Word (2003 for sure) for that :).

In general:
It takes a little while to upgrade, yes. But nobody here at IPS told you to go ahead and install modifications. Everybody who is whining about losing their modifications should have thought about that, before implementing them.

I do agree though that IPS should offer a file which includes all changes to all files, so that we can upgrade the board files manually by adding the new codes to them. That would make things alot easier :).

Anyway, great work on releasing the newest version. I'm one happy customer. :thumbsup:

Was having the same problem. Tried the file but it didn't help. I've put a ticket in, but if anyone can offer any other advice in the meantime I'd be grateful.

Rechech the permissions on cache and all subdirs... Often, reuploading files can reset permissions. /cache and skin_cache and all cacheid_# directories should be 777... Then re-run the rebuildskins.php tool.

I upgraded successfully but when i try and go to the arcade, which i just finished installing, i get this error:

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: skin_arcade_22 in /home/volution/public_html/forums/sources/ipsclass.php on line 1338

I have tried to rebuild skins and i even ran the rebuildskins.php file matt attached but still same error.

Archived