IPB 2.1.2 & ICB 1.2.1 Released

Guest IPS News

I submitted the upgradation ticket yesterday night and was amazed to found the Reply frm Larry - Ips Staff :

She said the upgradation of my board frm 2.1.1 has been done to2.1.2. Also today morning i submitted a tech support request ticket for the......

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: skin_global in /mounted-storage/home6/sub001/sc12882-SHSC/www/forum/sources/ipsclass.php on line 1368

and it was Larry who replied back in 5 mins that she had fixed the problem for me and yes it was really done.

I would like to thanks and appreicate the work of the IPS Staff - first time ever my tickets were responded to so early ...Earlier it used to be even 3 days.

Gr8 Work Staff Members :thumbsup:

but now there is another upgrade issue:Acp- upgradation History - 2.1.2 Upgarded and done
but on the left hand side it still showing: Update Avilabale 2.1.2
also the line below the Board Statstics at footers shows: Board running on version

This is something which i never expericed seen before....y it is there can anyone say.....

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Upgrade failed.

Basically my problem appears to lie in ipsclass.php and the way it addresses skin_global.
I was able to restore service to the board by overwriting with the 2.11 version (backed up) of /sources/ipsclass.php.

This though prevents the skin template (new for 212) getting used.
SO my board looks(including Mods) as it did B4 the upgraded files

Question. Can I safely continue to use ipclass.php v211 ??

My Upgrade failed.

Basically my problem appears to lie in ipsclass.php and the way it addresses skin_global.

I was able to restore service to the board by overwriting with the 2.11 version (backed up) of /sources/ipsclass.php.

This though prevents the skin template (new for 212) getting used.

SO my board looks(including Mods) as it did B4 the upgraded files

[b]Question.[/b] Can I safely continue to use ipclass.php v211 ??

Eveyone get this error because they don't want to reupload all 2.1.2 file before upgrade. The wright way now is reupload ipclass.php v211 and wait special 2.1.1 to 2.1.2 upgrade package. I hope it coming soon. Because i don't want to re-hack all mod to.

Eveyone get this error because they don't want to reupload all 2.1.2 file before upgrade. The wright way now is reupload ipclass.php v211 and wait special 2.1.1 to 2.1.2 upgrade package. I hope it coming soon. Because i don't want to re-hack all mod to.

Thank you for your advice in this your 1st Post. Welcome aboard :)

Yeah!!! Happy with 2.1.2 after some initial problems with custom skins. We're made the very minor changes to them that were not really required, and are happy campers.

Well okay we upgraded the development boards, and are waiting on our site admin to do the production board.

Thanks IPS :)

I'm really not happy that the links in the blog changed from cmd= to req=. I mean, what is the point of that?? It might look nice, but.... It really makes things more of a pain in the butt since I customized some templates... A lot of templates.... I'll try doing a search and replace though :) . I hope IPB doesnt use cmd= anywhere else but the blog... Would make things easier :D

This change has been done, because the cmd= links were being blocked by mod_security. So when mod_security is on the server the Blog was not working. I don't make these changes lightly, but I had to do this change at some point. Better sooner then later.

First, there is no such file in the package as specified in the upgrade instruction

lang/en/lang_blog.php

In stead, there is a file "lang_blog.php" in the directory "cache\lang_cache\en", So I uploaded this file into the folder cache\lang_cache\en

That is correct. I'll fix the instructions.

After upgrading, many things no longer work. For example, clicking "my blog" on the forum menu bar, it lists all blogs instead go to my blog.

There are javascript error when click some links in my blog page.

Please reupload all files from the modules folder of the Blog 1.2.1 package. If the my blog link is not working modules/mod_blog.php has not been updated.

Please reupload all files from the modules folder of the Blog 1.2.1 package. [b]If the my blog link is not working modules/mod_blog.php has not been updated.[/b]

Oh but it has been updated - and it still goes to the full blog list. Do we just have to keep uploading the same files time after time until it miraculously works correctly? :huh:

Help! My upgrade from 2.1.1 to 2.1.2 has stopped half-way through!

I see this message:

IPB Upgrade Complete

2 settings updated 0 settings inserted

You have now been upgraded from 2.1.1 to 2.1.2

The next few final steps will check for updated settings and recache your cached data (forums, groups, moderators, etc) and rebuild your master templates to ensure that all the template additions and modifications are updated.

but when I click on proceed nothing happens? What do I do now? I'm stuck with a broken board and need urgently to complete the upgrade process!
if I try to visit my forum's url I get:

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: skin_global_14 in /home/jackal/public_html/tiwwa/sources/ipsclass.php on line 1329

Please note guys, (aside from the calendar issue) all of the issues with the skin rebuilding are outside of our control. ;) The way the skin files work has been changed (the id was added to the class name). As those who have upgraded succesfully can show, the installer is designed to update all of your skins for you. Unfortunately, however there are a few special cases where the skin isn't updated properly.

1) Improper permissions
2) Skin set/files not cached in the db properly

These are the common ones at least. The tool included in this topic is designed to help fix that problem.

Please note guys, (aside from the calendar issue) all of the issues with the skin rebuilding are outside of our control. ;) The way the skin files work has been changed (the id was added to the class name). As those who have upgraded succesfully can show, the installer is designed to update all of your skins for you. Unfortunately, however there are a few special cases where the skin isn't updated properly.

1) Improper permissions

2) Skin set/files not cached in the db properly

These are the common ones at least. The tool included in this topic is designed to help fix that problem.

How are we supposed to fix the calendar issue? That's why the upgrader stopped because of the calendar error, now when accessing the calendar I get the same error, and the server load rises very high because it's still trying to execute in memory and doesn't stop until a restart is performed.

Help! My upgrade from 2.1.1 to 2.1.2 has stopped half-way through!

I see this message:

but when I click on proceed nothing happens? What do I do now? I'm stuck with a broken board and need urgently to complete the upgrade process!

if I try to visit my forum's url I get:

Thats the exact same problem i have with one of my sites.

The interesting thing for me though, the site that worked is a replica (same skins etc) of the one that failed, the only difference is the site where the uprade worked only has a DB of a couple of MB.

I am now wondering if i should run the upgrade and let it fail, and then transfer the skins of the successfull upgrade over.

This change has been done, because the cmd= links were being blocked by mod_security. So when mod_security is on the server the Blog was not working. I don't make these changes lightly, but I had to do this change at some point. Better sooner then later.

That is correct. I'll fix the instructions.

Didi you upgrade it yet? So we can re download the file again, my best.

Yes I fixed the instructions.

To anyone else who is having trouble with the My Blog links and other links not working, please upload these files as well:
sources/components_init/blog.php
sources/components_location/blog.php
sources/components_ucp/blog.php

They were missing from the upgrade instructions. I appologize.

Yes I fixed the instructions.

To anyone else who is having trouble with the My Blog links and other links not working, please upload these files as well:

sources/components_init/blog.php

sources/components_location/blog.php

sources/components_ucp/blog.php

They were missing from the upgrade instructions. I appologize.

Good job W1lz0r!

Pfffffft... I have to say I'm getting a little frustrated with having to redo my skins every few weeks.

Does this upgrade require that you redo your skins?

I have to say that that the upgrade instructions are skimpy:
"Upload all the files contained in the "upload" folder of the download distribution EXCEPT conf_global.php. Don't forget to update files such as "ipb_templates.xml", "index.php", "admin.php" and the "upgrade" folders."

Can someone post exactly the steps you need to take to go from 2.1.1 to 2.1.2?

What does " Don't forget to update files such as "ipb_templates.xml", "index.php", "admin.php" and the "upgrade" folders." mean? Do I need to update the files manually?

I have to agree, the upgrade instructions were not exactly thorough and specific enough. However, I just took it upon myself to decide which folders and files to overwrite (excluded the style avatars, images, and emoticons folders).

Now I do question, were there any changes to the folder_js_skin and folder_rte_files? Since these two folders are in the style images directory, I was unsure what would be affected and what I would need to change again on my skins. :unsure:

Archived