IPB 2.1.2 & ICB 1.2.1 Released

Guest IPS News

I believe there were changes to the folder_js_skin file(s) (though the exact changes I don't recall off the top of my head). Namely, it was only for language abstraction, so if you only use English on your board, it's not a big deal to update them. ;)

I will be looking into the calendar issues as a #1 priority. I haven't duplicated the issue on any of our QA boards, nor on my local copy, so I will need the ticket so I can access a server affected by the issue.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe there were changes to the folder_js_skin file(s) (though the exact changes I don't recall off the top of my head). Namely, it was only for language abstraction, so if you only use English on your board, it's not a big deal to update them. ;)

Ok, thanks...went ahead and uploaded that folder....all's good
:thumbsup:

bfarber, I submitted mine..

on my live board, after it said done upgrade to 2.1.2 then proceed to recache I got stuck with calendar issue timing out at 30 or 60 sec you can see my and other post regarding that. Then I used the rebuildskin.php file attached to this topic cuz I had problem accessing my live board and that was restored then I tried calendar on board index and it failed and loading the portal page failed as well.

I realized I had a test board running 2.1.1 so I went ahead and tried the upgrade to 2.1.2 It DID indeed complete the upgrade all the way to the end. then I proceed to test the board it loaded fine and I checked the calendar link on board index and it loaded fine then I tested the act=home for portal page and it failed due to calendar.php issue.

hope that helps bfarber :)

PS maybe on your QA board showed fine after upgrading like I did on test board but did you try the portal page to see if it did load? my test board's calendar is pretty much empty no event or birthday entered.

Thanks for fixing the Sigma Chat componant :thumbsup:

only problem is i now have two 'live chat' links

One for parachat and another for sigma chat :unsure:

how do i lose the parachat one ?

On the Admin tab of your ACP, find 'Manage Components'. On that screen, click on the green tick next to the Parachat component. The image should turn into a red cross and should also remove the component link from your board header. :)

On the Admin tab of your ACP, find 'Manage Components'. On that screen, click on the green tick next to the Parachat component. The image should turn into a red cross and should also remove the component link from your board header. :)

cheers :thumbsup:

i also seem to have lost my chat settings :unsure:
on the setttings page i have a drop down box that shows one option only Load the chat room in...? In Normal IPB page'

the settings were there after upgrading but now they have gone :unsure:

ticket submitted

I was hoping you'd run it from the ACP, but i'm assuming that you could not access the ACP? Try fixing the files until you can access the ACP. Run Rebuild Skin Cache Set.. You should get output similar to...

Skin Set Caches Rebuilt (id: 7)

Rebuilding Macros for set IPB 2.1 Default...

Done.... (Macro ID: 7)...

Rebuilding CSS for set IPB 2.1 Default...

Rebuilding css file for css_7...

Rebuilding HTML templates cache for set IPB 2.1 Default...

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_boards.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_buddy.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_calendar.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_chatpara.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_d2gmap.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_editors.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_emails.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_forum.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_global.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_help.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_legends.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_login.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_mlist.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_mod.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_modcenter.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_msg.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_online.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_poll.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_portal.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_post.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_printpage.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_profile.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_register.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_search.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_stats.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_subscriptions.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_topic.php

Wrote skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_ucp.php

Done HTML templates rebuild... (id: 7)

Rebuilding wrappers cache for set IPB 2.1 Default...

Done wrapper rebuild... (id: 7)

Rebuilding the skin set ID relationship cache...

You have something not set correctly. If your files AND folders ALL have the correct ownership and permissions, it works. Run the command 'chmod 777 cache -R' from your forum root directory and try again.

Ok..ive got it to upgrade at last... on my test board

I had all the folders set correctly..but then noticed that the php files inside the skin_cache/cacheid_** folders were set at 644...so i went in to each skin_cache/cacheid_** folder and set the php files within to 777...ran the upgrade and all was fine...

Now, can someone tell me if the php files inside those folders where supposed to be changed in order for this to work? is this a security prob? can i change bak to 644 now that the upgrade is done... if i do change bak to 644 and make em unwriteable will this effect any tools ran from admin?

confused :blink:

yep! Upgraded a few minutes ago. Uploaded all the files and ran the installer. No skin changes at all. Almost flawless upgrade with the exception of my random gallery img block on the portal. Overall.. great! I didnt have any mods installed for 2.1.1 because i knew that it wasn't a real Final. We'll see how the bug reports go for this version, before i reinstall mods. Good Work!

update went fine for me but taken a hour or so due to I have really changed my forum around lol and did not want to lose the things i have added so i went into every file and checked and changed whats diffrent!

Update went fine! no errors at all

Thanks guys!

Problem with Upgrading to 2.1.2. I cannot. I get this.

You appear to be running IPB 2.0.0 already and no upgrade is required.

I'm running 2.1.1 and I uploaded all the files but I can't get pass this message.

Just curious...Do the ipb_templates need to be uploaded too?

Second site upgraded without issues.

For those above, also retain your "uploads" directory if you allow members to post images and/or get their own avatars, that all ends up in that folder with the gallery stuff as well.

Testing is showing the custom skins are working as expected. Some manual tinkering required, but nothing to abuse IPS over.

Brandon, haven't hit the calendar issue as yet either. Not sure what's going on there.

[font="Fixedsys"]Ok..ive got it to upgrade at last... on my test board

I had all the folders set correctly..but then noticed that the php files inside the [i]skin_cache/cacheid_** [/i]folders were set at 644...so i went in to each skin_cache/cacheid_** folder and set the php files within to 777...ran the upgrade and all was fine...

Now, can someone tell me if the php files inside those folders where supposed to be changed in order for this to work? is this a security prob? can i change bak to 644 now that the upgrade is done... if i do change bak to 644 and make em unwriteable will this effect any tools ran from admin?[/font]

confused :blink:

Yes. It will cause problems. Any time you rebuild skins, they won't rebuild. Obviously, anytime you run an upgrade.. It'll blow up. In fact, 644 is TOTALLY incorrect and your forum will not run on that. The cache directory MUST be 755 minimal. That gives the owner read, write and execute permissions, and everyone else read, execute permissions.

With the owner set to apache, you CAN have the directories and files 755, anyone other than apache as the owner, they must be 777.

Reminder that the commands to accomplish this are (From forum root directory)

chown apache:apache cache -R
and
chmod 755 cache -R

Those commands will change the cache directory, all files in it AND all subdirectories and all files in them to the correct ownership and permissions. Don't post one effing word about the skin errors if you haven't run those two commands.

The PREFERRED method is to set ownership to whatever your login is, and chmod them to 777.

chown admin1:admin1 cache -R
and
chmod 777 cache -R

The -R is the recursive switch. I used 'admin1' as that's what mine is.

I saw somewhere on this board or probably on invisonsize (whatever) that putting a 2.1.1 calendar.php in place of 2.1.2 calendar.php restore access to calendar page and portal.

I have already submitted the ticket regarding calendar.php which prevented me from completing the upgrade process. so anyway..

while I am waiting... I decided to test the calendar.php from 2.1.1 package to see if I am able to use calendar page and portal. indeed yes.. then switched back to 2.1.2 it gives me fatal error which was same I got during upgrading.

I thought I would test to see if I could complete upgrade from where I was stuck at to the end with 2.1.1 version of calendar.php.. it zoomed along from act=recache to act=finish then switched the file back and tried the upgrade again.. same error as before.

So I am guessing some code in calendar.php may not be compatiable with some server's apache/php setting.. since the timeout stem from php.ini's execution limit setting.

Since I am waiting for my ticket to be answered so I have put the 2.1.2 version of calendar.php back in.

I have compared both version I see lot of changes in 2.1.2 version. I am no programming expert heh. I hope this is resolved asap. so have a great weekend!

oh by the way,
in ACP w/ 2.1.2 calendar.php cache control will stall if try to update cache for calendar. in calendar manager, recache will stall as well. but w/ 2.1.2 no problem.

Wow! This is a flippin disaster!

I have edited my previous post becasue I went back to the first page and spotted the rebuildskins.php tool. I ran this and it got my Board working again. To recap for anyone having this problem, I upgraded from 2.1.1 to 2.1.2 but the installer got stuck at:

IPB Upgrade Complete

2 settings updated 0 settings inserted

You have now been upgraded from 2.1.1 to 2.1.2

The next few final steps will check for updated settings and recache your cached data (forums, groups, moderators, etc) and rebuild your master templates to ensure that all the template additions and modifications are updated.

I uploaded the tool to the forum's root folder and ran it. It recached the skin files and got the board operational again. My God what a mess but I'll still try and update the Blog next!

Well the Blog upgrade went smoothly, thank God for that! Whata stressful weekend!

Now I have to fix my skins for issues like the black text on white background in RTE which I have reversed to match my dark skin before. Thats the bad thing with all of the new gizmo's - it makes apply maintenance upgrades more complex because you have to fix things like that from now on.

cheers :thumbsup:

i also seem to have lost my chat settings :unsure:

on the setttings page i have a drop down box that shows one option only Load the chat room in...? In Normal IPB page'

the settings were there after upgrading but now they have gone :unsure:

ticket submitted

I've also lost all of my sub forums when trying to move topics from one sub forum to another

I can select any of my main forum catagories to move the topic to but none of the sub cats show up in the drop down list anymore. :unsure:

And random gallery image on the portal page no longer works :rolleyes:

At this rate, a few more bug fix releases and my once working forums should be totaly trashed :whistle:

And :o

none of the links in the blog section in my forums 'My Controls' go to where they are supposed to
They all go to the main blog list

[b]Community Blog[/b]

• Blog Tracker
  • Your Blog Settings
  • Content Blocks Settings
  • About Me Settings
  • Your Blog

do i need to submit a ticket for each issue or will one cover all probs ?

Archived