Incorrect stats since 4.7.18

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, teraßyte said:

It's an issue with your custom theme.

The contentCount() function for the forums application has been updated and you have the old parameters in your template most likely.

Where in the theme? There were none of these changes in theme differences and its not just my site its affected from what I've seen

I searched for contentcount and there is no difference, its also affecting the widget

Could contain: Text, Menu

Ok it might be theme related as I've just switched to my dark skin and even less are showing on the forums index. But what do I change?

Could contain: Text, Person

Edited by marklcfc

Posted (edited)

I corrected the dark theme as that was to do with the contentcount in forumrow, but both remain the same as the first post now. I've tried this on a new 4.7 theme with no changes and its the same incorrect numbers as my first post

Edited by marklcfc

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, teraßyte said:

It's an issue with your custom theme.

The contentCount() function for the forums application has been updated and you have the old parameters in your template most likely.

That line in forumrow is as it should be. I saw it has been changed but since that change something is stopping all posts (I'm assuming archived) being counted

Edited by marklcfc

The contentCount() change was added in version 4.7.17 and done to 4 different templates. You can do a comparison between 4.7.16 and 4.7.17 to find out the 4 locations/templates: https://invisioncommunity.com/index.php?app=core&module=system&controller=plugins&do=diff

To clarify: if you were already on 4.7.17 before upgrading to 4.7.18, your issue is most likely different.

From which version did you upgrade from?

Posted (edited)

4.7.17 to 4.7.18. This was not present in 4.7.17. I upgraded last night and then the stats changed.

I know the contentcount() change was added now but like I said, my forumrow table was not edited but either way I have reverted it and the reduced count remains. The same is on a newly created default 4.7 theme

Edited by marklcfc

Okay, if you upgraded from 4.7.17 then it's a different issue than the one I mentioned.

Looking back above, I see that Marc acknowledged the issue, so I guess he could reproduce it.

8 hours ago, Marc said:

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention! I can confirm this should be further reviewed and I have logged an internal bug report for our development team to investigate and address as necessary, in a future maintenance release.

All you can do now is wait for IPS to fix it. 😅

• 2 weeks later...