Gallery Issue on phone - cannot add details for more than one image [4.7.15]

Hello,

I believe that this is a more serious consequence of removing the 'Submit Details' button in 4.7.15. My previous topic about the 'Submit Details' button was because one of our plugins was triggering off the click on the button. Fair enough - that one is our problem and we have to find something else to trigger off. This is a different and more serious issue.

We have a number of custom applications and plugins so I disabled all of them on the test system and re-tested. The problem as described below is with all our custom or 3rd party apps and plugins disabled.

When users (members) submit images to the gallery we require them to provide both a title and a description for the image. That works fine on a laptop as details are automatically saved as you move from image to image and there is no longer any need for the 'Save Details' button.

The problem occurs on phones and other narrow screen devices. (The problem can be reproduced on a laptop by setting the window narrow like on a phone.)

• For example, on a phone add 4 images.
  • Click the first image to add the details
  • => the details popup covers the other images so it is impossible to select them
  • => the details popup hides the submit button - although it is possible to rotate the screen/device to landscape mode and the submit button peeps out from behind the details popup.

In short, if you need to add titles, descriptions, etc. to several images then the images must be added and uploaded one at a time. Adding/uploading multiple images at a time results in inability to set details for more than one of them.

This is not a problem with the phone. It has been tested and is the same on iPhone, Android and laptop (when window is set narrow).

Regards,

John

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention! I can confirm this should be further reviewed and I have logged an internal bug report for our development team to investigate and address as necessary, in a future maintenance release.