Your account does not require validation

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

Hello!

For a few weeks now I've been seeing new users who don't validate their account. I thought it was just spammers. In fact, one user contacted me because he couldn't validate his account: When he clicked on the link in the email he was taken to the /register/?do=validating page with a "Your account does not require validation" message.

Whatever they do, they are redirected to this page. I've tried to create a test account and I'm having the same problem.

I don't think I've done anything in particular and I have no log of error. My version is up to date (4.7.15). Just an updated theme and a few plugins.

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks!

For those who encounter the same issue: This is a known problem (as a reminder, I'm using 4.7.15). The advanced support/development team has made a manual correction in register.php. The problem will be corrected in "for the next upcoming maintenance release".

43 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

Animation Phone GIF by Mashed

It's a niche issue affecting only a handful of people for few clients, so there's probably not really a point in patching this yet.

I've noticed it on a bunch of boards belonging to my clients, to be honest. 😉

• 1 month later...

Hi,

We have also begun seeing this issue (Invision Community Cloud version 4.7.16).

Users are seeing the attached screenshot when they try to click validation links.

Is there any possibility we could have the patch applied to our instance as well?

regards
David

Could contain: File, Webpage, Page, Text

Edited by Simon.AU

• 2 weeks later...