Template core/admin/global/globalTemplate is throwing an error.

Hello,
a user of one of my forums contacted me because the board was probably no longer accessible. When I accessed the page, it initially appeared normal. After logging in, I only received an error message from the browser: The page cannot currently process the request; HTTP ERROR 500
I then tried to log into the ACP directly via ./forum/admin. The login is still displayed to me, but after entering the password I only get the message:

[[Template core/admin/global/globalTemplate is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I have to admit, I'm a bit at a loss now. Last week I updated all three of my forums to the latest version. The update itself worked without any problems as usual. And as far as I know, the problem with this one board only appeared a few days later. So I can't say whether there is a connection. The other two forums are still running stable.

Thanks in advance for the support, best regards!

Hi Marc,

hm I updated last week to Invision Community v4.7.15. 🤨 At least that's what the acp shows on the other two boards.

But anyway, what's the best way to update if I no longer have access to the ACP? Upload manually and start the script by hand?

Thanks in advance...

1 hour ago, Marc Stridgen said:

This is then what is causing your issue. Your site does not currently have 4.7.15 files if it's the one on file you are referring to. You can update manually by uploading a fresh set of files from your client area, and then visiting /admin/upgrade

Okay, done so far. Dowloaded v4.7.15 from my client area, extracted, and uploaded. After starting the upgrade process, I receive the following:

File Check

Some source files are not correct for the current version. If you uploaded the files to your server manually, the process may have failed or not completed yet. Download the latest version from your client area and upload the files again in order to continue.

Go To Client Area

If you are sure the files have been uploaded correctly, make sure the permissions are set correctly on them.

• /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/Application.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/api/converters.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/extensions/core/Queue/DeleteEmptyTopics.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/extensions/core/Queue/InvisionCommunityRebuildContent.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/extensions/core/Queue/RebuildContent.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/extensions/core/Queue/RebuildConversationFirstIds.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/extensions/core/Queue/RebuildFirstPostIds.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/extensions/core/Queue/RebuildGalleryImages.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/extensions/core/Queue/RebuildNonContent.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/extensions/core/Queue/RebuildProfilePhotos.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/extensions/core/Queue/RebuildTagCache.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/extensions/core/Queue/RecountAnswerRatings.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/extensions/core/Queue/RecountClubMembers.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/extensions/core/Queue/RecountQuestionRatings.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/hooks/Db.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/hooks/FrontDispatcher.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/hooks/LegacyParser.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/hooks/LoginHandler.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/modules/admin/manage/convert.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/modules/admin/manage/create.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/modules/admin/manage/manage.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/setup/upg_100000/upgrade.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/setup/upg_101003/upgrade.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/setup/upg_101006/upgrade.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/setup/upg_101007/upgrade.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/setup/upg_101079/postUpgrade.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/setup/upg_103000/upgrade.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/setup/upg_104021/upgrade.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/setup/upg_33001/upgrade.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/App.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Exception.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Form/Reactionmapper.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Library.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Library/Blog.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Library/Board.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Library/Calendar.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Library/Ccs.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Library/Cms.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Library/Core.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Library/Downloads.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Library/Forums.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Library/Gallery.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Library/Nexus.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Login.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Login/HashCryptPrivate.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Login/PasswordHash.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Software.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Software/Blog/Invisioncommunity.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Software/Blog/Vbulletin.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Software/Calendar/Invisioncommunity.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Software/Calendar/Mybb.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Software/Calendar/Vbulletin.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Software/Cms/Joomla.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Software/Cms/Vbulletin.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Software/Cms/Wordpress.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Software/Cms/Xenforo.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Software/Cms/Xenfororm.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Software/Core/Expressionengine.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Software/Core/Invisioncommunity.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Software/Core/Joomla.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Software/Core/Mybb.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Software/Core/Photopost.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Software/Core/Phpbb.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Software/Core/Phpmyforum.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Software/Core/Punbb.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Software/Core/Smf.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Software/Core/UBBthreads.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Software/Core/Vanilla.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Software/Core/Vbulletin.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Software/Core/Vbulletin5.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Software/Core/Woltlab.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Software/Core/Wordpress.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Software/Core/Wpforo.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Software/Core/Xenforo.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Software/Downloads/Invisioncommunity.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Software/Downloads/Xenforo.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Software/Exception.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Software/Forums/Bbpress.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Software/Forums/Expressionengine.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Software/Forums/Invisioncommunity.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Software/Forums/Mybb.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Software/Forums/Phpbb.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Software/Forums/Phpmyforum.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Software/Forums/Punbb.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Software/Forums/Smf.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Software/Forums/UBBthreads.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Software/Forums/Vanilla.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Software/Forums/Vbulletin.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Software/Forums/Vbulletin5.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Software/Forums/Woltlab.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Software/Forums/Wpforo.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Software/Forums/Xenforo.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Software/Gallery/Coppermine.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Software/Gallery/Invisioncommunity.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Software/Gallery/Photoplog.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Software/Gallery/Photopost.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Software/Gallery/Vbulletin.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Software/Gallery/Xenforo.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Tools/Vanilla/Parsedown/Parsedown.php
  • /www/htdocs/w00a3371/forum/applications/convert/sources/Tools/Xenforo.php

Shame on me! 😇

So the upgrade went through without any problems and I was able to access the ACP. The forum, in turn, still showed the <<HTTP ERROR 500>>. I finally found the culprit by deactivating themes, plug-ins, etc.:

(TB) Bump Up Topics Enabled4.1.2

Now it's working again. Thank you very much for the support! 🙏

The only strange thing: I still have the same PlugIn running without any problems on the other boards (identical version).

Just now, Triumph said:

The only strange thing: I still have the same PlugIn running without any problems on the other boards (identical version).

Only that 500 Internal Server Error would be able to tell you why that is. It could also be that it is an issue but you have caching or something else on the other community which is blocking the error from coming to the front.

I tried to get a new version to upload it, but I have problems to login or even register at https://invisionbyte.net/

I tried to get a new version to upload, but I'm having trouble logging in or even registering at https://invisionbyte.net/.

Login doesn't work, so I tried "Forgot your password?" but didn't receive any emails. Okay, maybe my account was too old and was removed, so I tried creating a new account. But then I got the message "You are not allowed to register an account on this website." I used the URL of my largest forum, then again the URL of a smaller one (the one from this thread here), but also this same problem.

So I tried to contact the administrator, but before I get a response, I'm supposed to confirm my email address first, but I don't get a confirmation email (nothing ends up in the spam folder either).

3 hours ago, Triumph said:

I tried to get a new version to upload it, but I have problems to login or even register at https://invisionbyte.net/

I tried to get a new version to upload, but I'm having trouble logging in or even registering at https://invisionbyte.net/.

Login doesn't work, so I tried "Forgot your password?" but didn't receive any emails. Okay, maybe my account was too old and was removed, so I tried creating a new account. But then I got the message "You are not allowed to register an account on this website." I used the URL of my largest forum, then again the URL of a smaller one (the one from this thread here), but also this same problem.

So I tried to contact the administrator, but before I get a response, I'm supposed to confirm my email address first, but I don't get a confirmation email (nothing ends up in the spam folder either).

I think your registration was blocked by the IPS Spam Service. I'm seeing 10 attempts with 2 different emails (all the same name with 2 different domains) blocked with a 4 level.

Please send me a PM here with your email(s) just to confirm it's you and I'll whitelist them. 👍

And if those are indeed your emails, you might want to contact IPS to remove them from their spam list, too.

Edited by teraßyte