PHP8 Incompatible Customizations

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

updated to 4.7.15 yesterday.  Had issues installing from PC as i kept getting this :

Could contain: Page, Text

i then went to mobile and was able to complete the upgrade.

Then i got this message showing :

Could contain: Text, Computer Hardware, Electronics, Hardware

went then to the PHP8 Compatibility Scanner and it showed me this :

Could contain: Page, Text, Menu

so then like a good person i went to my Applications and tried to uninstall the mentioned Apps... but then i got this to show for it :

over and over again .  I cant correct the issues arising because the system wont let me uninstall the Apps.  I know it says to either Disable or Uninstall and although those Apps ARE disabled they still seem to be causing an issue so i want them uninstalled. 

Any advice ? Would be great . 

5 hours ago, Wicked007 said:

updated to 4.7.15 yesterday.  Had issues installing from PC as i kept getting this :

i then went to mobile and was able to complete the upgrade.

Then i got this message showing :

Could contain: Text, Computer Hardware, Electronics, Hardware

went then to the PHP8 Compatibility Scanner and it showed me this :

Could contain: Page, Text, Menu

so then like a good person i went to my Applications and tried to uninstall the mentioned Apps... but then i got this to show for it :

over and over again .  I cant correct the issues arising because the system wont let me uninstall the Apps.  I know it says to either Disable or Uninstall and although those Apps ARE disabled they still seem to be causing an issue so i want them uninstalled. 

Any advice ? Would be great . 

For Staff Applications Systemhttps://www.sosinvision.com.br/index.php?/announcement/11-ips-marketplace-keys/

1 hour ago, Marc Stridgen said:

You would need to contact the author of those applications for assistance. Its likely they also have issues in the uninstall code that isnt compatible.

There’s no issues in the “uninstall code”. They ARE incompatible as 4.7.15 broke them. It won’t let you uninstall the app due to the changes made. Once uploaded a new version ( a.k.a. Edit the files with missing parameters), you can use or uninstall the app.

12 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

I see you already redeemed your keys. You just need to renew it, if it’s expired, download the app and upload it to your board.

https://www.sosinvision.com.br/index.php?/file/43-staff-applications-system/

2 hours ago, Wicked007 said:

V4.7.12 was the one i had before.  Yes i believe this is the first time.

Thanks Wicked, but I believe that in that case you should have come across the scanner before. Version 4.7.3 was the last version that worked with PHP 7.4 and it came with the scanner to help you prepare for the PHP 8-compatible versions.

I asked because if you were upgrading from something older than 4.7.3, you could have simply switched back your PHP to 7.4, uninstall the files, and then change back to PHP 8 after the upgrade.

Now, it worries me that it seems that the scanner on 4.7.15 seems to be detecting potential problems not detected by immediately earlier versions. I'm saying this based on this topic and others commenting about having trouble with the upgrade due to third party apps that now they cannot uninstall, etc.

Edited by PPlanet

The problem is that IPS changed the parameters for a few functions in 4.7.15 (it was the same until 4.7.14). All applications using/overloading those functions need to be updated.

Adriano already updated his applications from what I can see on his site. For the others, you can fix them by editing the files on the server if FTP access is available (not on IPS Cloud). It's an easy fix as long as you know what you're doing.

Edited by teraßyte

59 minutes ago, PPlanet said:

So, is this a case that if upgrading IPS to 4.7.15, one needs to upgrade third party apps before? (I mean to avoid being stuck half way an upgrade?)

If you update the apps first, the parameters still won't match (more instead of less). As long as you upgrade right away to 4.7.15 it won't matter anyway.

The other option is to unpack the TAR of the application, manually upload all the new files to the server (both apps and incision community), and then go to /admin/upgrade. It's not really required in this case, though.

Edited by teraßyte

Disable all of them. Upgrade. Enable one and see how it goes in front end? Broke? Disable and try to contact the dev. Try another.

It may help if you post the list of applications you have. We can probably tell what may break.

I see you have Quizzes from me. This one will and a new version is available since the 4.7.15 release.

Edited by Adriano Faria

The apps I have are an adblock checker, email address confirmation by you, and a match ratings application that I haven't been able to contact the author about.

The plugins are EZ Scroll Top by guyroch, Supergrid by opentype, Online Indicator by -FP and Ban from topic by Dawpi

2 hours ago, marklcfc said:

Supergrid by opentype, Online Indicator by -FP and Ban from topic by Dawpi

These three should be fine, as I have them and had no problem with them.

The Classifieds app needs to be updated though. I opened a ticket on bbcode.it and now I'm waiting, as the scanner did lock that app. Luckily I was able to perform the IPS upgrade to 4.7.15 without interruptions (it simply locked that app after the upgrade was completed), and being this on my test installation, it's not a major problem. But I'll wait for that app to be updated before upgrading my live site to the lastest version.

9 hours ago, PPlanet said:

These three should be fine, as I have them and had no problem with them.

The Classifieds app needs to be updated though. I opened a ticket on bbcode.it and now I'm waiting, as the scanner did lock that app. Luckily I was able to perform the IPS upgrade to 4.7.15 without interruptions (it simply locked that app after the upgrade was completed), and being this on my test installation, it's not a major problem. But I'll wait for that app to be updated before upgrading my live site to the lastest version.

Thanks,

I still don't know about my main app, can't contact the author. I don't really want to find out by having to upgrade and then not being able to use it.