Clubs Tab in Profiles Not Always Showing Clubs

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

Obviously, I've got a setting wrong somewhere, but I can't find it! We've created a private club that has more than twenty members. Everyone can see the club posts and can access the clubs page via the Menu Link under the "Forums" tab. However, only members in the Admin group see their club under the "Clubs" tab in the profile.

Here's what it looks like to an Admin member in the personal profile -- showing up great:

Could contain: File, Webpage, Car, Transportation, Vehicle, Machine, Wheel, Person

But here's what it looks like to all members who are not in the Admin member group. This member is part of the club and can access it through the Menu Bar and any recent posts in the recent feed.

Could contain: File, Webpage, Doll, Toy, Face, Head, Person

How can I fix this profile setting, please? Thanks so much!

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

3 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

Thank you! I believe I have updated everything. If you are having trouble with the SFTP access, let me know. For some reason, IPS is never able to get on with our server password and I always have to change it temporarily for some reason.

Could you please post here or put the display name of the user who you're seeing this on in the Notes section of the Access Details of the Client Area? 

The few individuals I've checked thus far, do indeed have this showing up.

17 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Could you please post here or put the display name of the user who you're seeing this on in the Notes section of the Access Details of the Client Area? 

The few individuals I've checked thus far, do indeed have this showing up.

Absolutely. I've added three usernames into the "Notes" section in the access details. 

If I look into their profiles (signed in as an Admin), the Clubs tab does show them as a member of a club. 
But, if I sign-in as them -- the clubs tab in profile is empty and says they are not a member in any clubs.

Thanks so much for your help on this!

9 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

There appears to be an issue with your custom signin on the front end, on the login provided

I've just cleared all cache and cookies from one of my browsers and signed-in with the account as listed under the adminCP access area in the client info. It worked fine. Sign-in requires e-mail address rather than username, but that's what I have loaded. Let me know what kind of issue you are having, because I was just able to login fine.

23 minutes ago, Jim M said:

I am not able to reproduce this. All the users you listed, all have the Club listed under their profile like so:

Could contain: File, Webpage, Text, Animal, Bear, Giant Panda, Mammal, Wildlife

Did you use the AdminCP option to sign-in as those users? The Admin accounts all see the clubs option with no problem. But only the Admins can see the club listed. Use the "sign-in as" user option through AdminCP for the first username that is in the list, and you'll see this:

Could contain: File, Webpage, Child, Female, Girl, Person, Doll, Toy, Face, Head

I've checked with every member of the club, and only the Admin accounts can see it listed in their profile area.

8 minutes ago, PinPics said:

But only the Admins can see the club listed.

Please ensure that the member in question is able to see the club. If permissions have changed, it would indeed reflect that.

Our account does not have authorization to login to the Admin CP so you would need to allow that.

5 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Please ensure that the member in question is able to see the club. If permissions have changed, it would indeed reflect that.

Our account does not have authorization to login to the Admin CP so you would need to allow that.

They do all have permissions (I double-checked), and I just used your account to sign-in to the AdminCP without problem. Try it again and let me know if you can't get in. 🙂 Thanks!

8 minutes ago, PinPics said:

They do all have permissions (I double-checked), and I just used your account to sign-in to the AdminCP without problem. Try it again and let me know if you can't get in. 🙂 Thanks!

The credentials we have on file are rendering the below through your SSO:
Credentials are incorrect or you do not have permissions to login. If this is your first time visiting from the old site, please reset your password.

59 minutes ago, PinPics said:

Okay, I've had another admin working on this with me. Something in the dual sign-in isn't working.

Go to this page first and sign-in: https://www.pinpics.com/pins?sort=desc

Then sign-in on this page: https://forum.pinpics.com/

That should get you access. If it doesn't, I'll see about getting the info for another account.

We would need access to the ACP though so the front-end login will not work for us here. You can temporarily disable the SSO while we investigate this if we run into issues.

2 minutes ago, Jim M said:

We would need access to the ACP though so the front-end login will not work for us here. You can temporarily disable the SSO while we investigate this if we run into issues.

Our front-end login is working for Admin CP access for all the other Admin accounts. Is it not working for you? I have signed-in three times on different computers using your account, and it gets in there just fine as is. 

I will give you one of my personal accounts in the Access info if you cannot get in, but I don't understand why it is not working.

Just now, PinPics said:

Our front-end login is working for Admin CP access for all the other Admin accounts. Is it not working for you? I have signed-in three times on different computers using your account, and it gets in there just fine as is. 

I will give you one of my personal accounts in the Access info if you cannot get in, but I don't understand why it is not working.

I still get the original error when logging into the ACP.

3 minutes ago, Jim M said:

I still get the original error when logging into the ACP.

Okay. I have updated the access info with another account that has been having no trouble accessing AdminCP all day. Let me know if that works. Thanks!

It seems that whenever I attempt to sign in again, i.e. sign in from the front-end and then try to sign in the ACP, is when I get the error. Without this functioning, we cannot support you here, I'm afraid. Our only way forward would be to enable the standard login handler so that we can login on both the front-end and ACP.

Just now, PinPics said:

Did it do that to you with the second account? Let me get with the Admin who knows how to enable the standard login.

It will let me get into one of them but not both. 

The standard login handler can be enabled in ACP -> System -> Login & Registration.

6 minutes ago, PinPics said:

Thanks. I have enabled it and updated the access info. You should be good. Please, let me know as soon as you're done. I appreciate the help!

Unfortunately, those credentials are incorrect. Please verify and update. 

I have verified. In fact, I've been logged-in to both the site and AdminCP with that same info seven times since 4pm today. So, I just put in info for a personal account and added info in the notes for a second. You should have no trouble. The account I gave you is working without any issue all day today.

I'll keep checking back, that way I can disable that second log-in ASAP, since members are having real trouble understanding what's going on.

Thanks so much for helping with this issue.

Edited by PinPics