Clubs Tab in Profiles Not Always Showing Clubs

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

I was actually getting "Something went wrong" when I was trying to log in with your SSO.

Please add to your notes step by step what you are using to log in. Including if the front end details are different (you mention using email instead). I realise you mention you have done this successfully over and over since you started the topic here, but there are now 2 of us who are unable to log in using the information provided

5 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

I was actually getting "Something went wrong" when I was trying to log in with your SSO.

Please add to your notes step by step what you are using to log in. Including if the front end details are different (you mention using email instead). I realise you mention you have done this successfully over and over since you started the topic here, but there are now 2 of us who are unable to log in using the information provided

Hi!

In the end, I had to disable the standard login last night at 7:45pm, because I did not hear back from you, and I ended up with four hours of e-mailing members who could not sign-in (unfortunately, the standard login causes big issues with anyone being able to login to the main side of the site). I have enabled it now, so you should have no trouble getting on. I have given you two AdminCP sign-ins (one in notes). I have totally verified that those are working.

Let me know if you experience issues. I have a meeting for the later half of the morning, but I will be checking in as often as possible today.

Thanks so much for your help with this! 🙂

I can sign into the front end with the one you set up for us (not the one you state to be yours). However I cannot sign into the admin CP with those details, as it states the details are incorrect.

I can sign into the admin CP with your details, however those details will not sign me into the front end.

So therefore with the above at present I cannot sign in as one of those users

5 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

I can sign into the front end with the one you set up for us (not the one you state to be yours). However I cannot sign into the admin CP with those details, as it states the details are incorrect.

I can sign into the admin CP with your details, however those details will not sign me into the front end.

So therefore with the above at present I cannot sign in as one of those users

If you're trying to sign-in with both, then your computer is remembering cookies/cache. This is why we don't use the standard login. You have to delete/clean all cache and cookies and then sign-in again. I have just tested both those accounts, and they are working fine. You must have cookies for a different account in each place. We have the standard sign-in enabled, so I don't know what else to do. This has to be your computer cache. I'm so sorry you're having trouble. Let me know anything else I can help with. I will be here for the next forty minutes.

Edited by PinPics

1 hour ago, PinPics said:

If you're trying to sign-in with both, then your computer is remembering cookies/cache. This is why we don't use the standard login. You have to delete/clean all cache and cookies and then sign-in again. I have just tested both those accounts, and they are working fine. You must have cookies for a different account in each place. We have the standard sign-in enabled, so I don't know what else to do. This has to be your computer cache. I'm so sorry you're having trouble. Let me know anything else I can help with. I will be here for the next forty minutes.

Im honestly not sure what you mean here. We lot in with standard accounts all day every day without ever needing to clear cache in order to log in with another

2 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Im honestly not sure what you mean here. We lot in with standard accounts all day every day without ever needing to clear cache in order to log in with another

Oh, good. Does that mean you logged in? 
If not, I have just tested this again --

I logged in with the IPS support account on the front end. It logged in, and then I select the AdminCP. You fill in the same e-mail address and password, but you have to select the "Sign In with PinPics" button. You should be in the AdminCP immediately after doing that. 
Where are you getting an error? I cannot recreate one, but I really don't want to be a pain here. But we need to be able to get you in there. I just don't know what to do.

1 minute ago, PinPics said:

Oh, good. Does that mean you logged in? 
If not, I have just tested this again --

I logged in with the IPS support account on the front end. It logged in, and then I select the AdminCP. You fill in the same e-mail address and password, but you have to select the "Sign In with PinPics" button. You should be in the AdminCP immediately after doing that. 
Where are you getting an error? I cannot recreate one, but I really don't want to be a pain here. But we need to be able to get you in there. I just don't know what to do.

We would require the standard login provider to interact with your community moving forward. We have spent too much time trying to get your SSO working and both my colleague and I are unable to do so.

1 minute ago, Jim M said:

We would require the standard login provider to interact with your community moving forward. We have spent too much time trying to get your SSO working and both my colleague and I are unable to do so.

That means you can't help? But I have standard login enabled. Why doesn't that work?

That means you can't help? But I have standard login enabled. Why doesn't that work?

You just instructed us to login one way using your SSO. We cannot do that, we need the standard login handler enabled to login for both front-end and ACP. Otherwise, we can't test what you want us to.

Just now, PinPics said:

But I don't understand, because the standard login is enabled. Here it is:

Could contain: Page, Text, File

Is that not what you mean?

The credentials were invalid last time we attempted so no, we do not have the ability to do so.

Also, on the front-end I have no option to see the standard login. It is only your SSO.

I have been in touch with the developer who set this up. Apparently, he had disabled front-end login. We've enabled that, and I've put in a new account info in the access area. Would you try that one time, please, to see if that fixes the issue?

Sorry to be such a dunce at this.

• Solution

Thank you, I am able to login now on both front-end and ACP. I have moved this to a ticket so we can investigate the issue further. In order to provide assistance, please be sure that the standard login provider remains in place for the duration of the ticket.

4 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Thank you, I am able to login now on both front-end and ACP. I have moved this to a ticket so we can investigate the issue further. In order to provide assistance, please be sure that the standard login provider remains in place for the duration of the ticket.

Thank you SO much! I am getting written instructions to be sure I can set this up right in the future. We will not touch a thing until the ticket is finished. I just so appreciate you guys getting in!!

Hi! Absolutely not wanting to be a pain here or anything, but is there any way to get a ballpark idea for when the techs will be needing access to check into this? We've had the double log-in enabled all day, but I've not heard anything. However, it has been a full-time job for one of the Admins today just to answer e-mails from members who are having login issues. It would help if we could announce when this might be completed or about how long it will be happening. 

Again, I'm not trying to cause trouble. But it's been a really frustrating day on our end with no hope of an end. Sorry.

Please, see the notes section in the access info. Any e-mails need to be sent to the e-mail address included there, as those go to the Admin who handles the tech issues. Sorry, but I thought I put that in the right place, but I probably didn't. I'm just not doing well with this. 😞

Edited by PinPics

3 minutes ago, PinPics said:

Please, see the notes section in the access info. Any e-mails need to be sent to the e-mail address included there, as those go to the Admin who handles the tech issues. Sorry, but I thought I put that in the right place, but I probably didn't. I'm just not doing well with this. 😞

Please keep in mind that if you have alternate contact you wish to be included on support tickets, it is your responsibility to do so or have them submit the support topic here. Unfortunately, simply placing this in a note, is not something we can guarantee. In this instance, I have CC'd them and resent our message.

1 minute ago, Jim M said:

Please keep in mind that if you have alternate contact you wish to be included on support tickets, it is your responsibility to do so or have them submit the support topic here. Unfortunately, simply placing this in a note, is not something we can guarantee. In this instance, I have CC'd them and resent our message.

Thanks. How do I do that correctly? I was told last year to just include the e-mail address for them in that notes section. Sorry to be such a pain.

Thanks. How do I do that correctly? I was told last year to just include the e-mail address for them in that notes section. Sorry to be such a pain.

You would simply forward or CC them the email.

6 minutes ago, Jim M said:

If they are an alternate contact, yes.

Again, sorry to sound like a dunce . . . but how do they become an alternate contact? I thought they already were.

Never mind. I think I found it here:

Edited by PinPics