A player for the forum

Hello.

I made a closed section of the forum. I will publish audio lectures in it. Please tell me the player where you can insert the track so that users cannot download it. Thank you in advance!

Happy New Year to all!

The software uses your browser's built-in audio/video player, it would be up to the browser if it allows downloads or not. You may need to use a third party service if you do not like the browser player options to download it.

1 minute ago, Jim M said:

Программное обеспечение использует встроенный аудио/видеоплеер вашего браузера. Браузер сам решает, разрешать ли он загрузку или нет. Возможно, вам придется использовать стороннюю службу, если вам не нравятся возможности браузерного проигрывателя для ее загрузки.

Maybe you can suggest some plugins for the forum?

1 minute ago, Vedich said:

Maybe you can suggest some plugins for the forum?

I'm afraid, this is outside our scope of support. You would need to get feedback from third party providers if you wish to see what is available via Plugins.

1 minute ago, Jim M said:

Боюсь, это выходит за рамки нашей поддержки. Вам нужно будет получить отзывы от сторонних поставщиков, если вы хотите увидеть, что доступно через плагины.

It seems like such a simple and obvious important setting... Protection of private/paid content.

7 minutes ago, Vedich said:

It seems like such a simple and obvious important setting... Protection of private/paid content.

You're more than welcome to make a suggestion in our Feedback forum. However, what you're asking for is beyond typical community software. You would want to look at YouTube, Viemo, etc... or a custom player.

39 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Вы можете оставить свое предложение на нашем форуме обратной связи. Однако то, о чем вы просите, выходит за рамки типичного программного обеспечения сообщества. Вы хотели бы посмотреть YouTube, Viemo и т. д. или собственный проигрыватель.

Why is this beyond the scope of functionality? The forum has a section for paid subscriptions to closed sections. Obviously, these private sections will contain private information. In my case, these are audio lectures. Obviously, private information must be protected from downloading. It's a primitive setup. Based on the forum engine, I wanted to make 2 projects with a paid subscription, paid licenses. And then it turns out that the user can pay for access once, download all the materials and that's it - there is no reason for him to continue extending access. Where is the logic? Please add this setting.

5 minutes ago, Vedich said:

Why is this beyond the scope of functionality? The forum has a section for paid subscriptions to closed sections. Obviously, these private sections will contain private information. In my case, these are audio lectures. Obviously, private information must be protected from downloading. It's a primitive setup. Based on the forum engine, I wanted to make 2 projects with a paid subscription, paid licenses. And then it turns out that the user can pay for access once, download all the materials and that's it - there is no reason for him to continue extending access. Where is the logic? Please add this setting.

I'm afraid, in support, I can only tell you how the software functions today. If you want to see a change in the software, you're more than welcome to suggest that in our Feedback forum, as mentioned. Otherwise, as using an HTML5 web browser audio/video player is currently the intended design, there is nothing further which we can assist you with on this subject.

It is worth adding to this, that if you can see Something On the internet, you can download it. Indeed you essentially already have in order to view/listen to it in the first place. While you will see it may be harder on some sites than others due to attempts to obscure file location and the liked (YouTube for example), there are indeed ways of downloading it. If there is a will to download, they will.

Please feel free to post a suggestion within our feedback forum if you would like to see something like this appear in the future.

If the requirement is for the availabiity of the player to depend on whether the user can download attachments (which is a forum level permission) then I added functionality for this for videos back when Invision 4.3 added the native player for videos (see my feedback of my concern on this)

Same functionality was extended to cover audio file after they were added in v4.6 (I think)

https://www.ynwa.tv/files/file/38-ne-html5-audiovideo-player/

Instead of a player being displayed, the file will be displayed as an attachment instead if the user doesn't have the "Download attachments" permission in the forum in which the post is located:

Could contain: Text, Business Card, Paper

However, if you require the user to be able to play the audio, but not download it, then the above won't assist. The resource does have functionality to disable the 'Download' button in browsers that support the ability to disable it, and to disable right-click on the player. But ultimately, if the player is available then they can always get the URL of the file via the HTML source code if they really wanted to do so.

Any questions on the resource, https://www.ynwa.tv/forum/98-pre-sales-questions/

Edited by Nathan Explosion