Screen Capture Video Recommendations and Embedding

We're hoping to feature several how-to videos for our upgraded platform.  Can anyone recommend a good screen capture video service?  

We tried Free Cam which only creates .wmv files.  In a test post, we dragged the 100mb file to the post and then submitted the topic.  The video shows as a link that needs to be downloaded.  We would like to embed the video in a forum post so people can watch right there, and perhaps read the description.  

Thanks for any suggestions in advance.

Just to help further here...

10 minutes ago, TracyIsland said:

In a test post, we dragged the 100mb file to the post and then submitted the topic. 

Assuming that you actually dragged a file and not a link to the file hosted somewhere else, then that should be enough.

But the problem is that your browser needs to be able to support the playback of .wmv files in the <video> tag - otherwise, it will display the fallback link which would explain this:

13 minutes ago, TracyIsland said:

The video shows as a link that needs to be downloaded

Screen capture is something I was toying with for this resource https://www.ynwa.tv/files/file/18-ne-media-recorder/ but didn't see a market for it.

If you are Cloud hosted, the 'Team' level will likely assist you with your main issue:

https://invisioncommunity.com/buy

I use the built in screen recorder in macOS for our v5 videos.

We upload our main one to YouTube since it can be 1GB in size, but the other videos are just embedded as .mp4

Only some file types can be embedded into topics. This is a browser limitation rather than a limitation with Invision Community, so try and convert to mp4 for the widest support 🙂

1 minute ago, Ehren said:

I use the built in screen recorder in macOS for our v5 videos.

We upload our main one to YouTube since it can be 1GB in size, but the other videos are just embedded as .mp4

Only some file types can be embedded into topics. This is a browser limitation rather than a limitation with Invision Community, so try and convert to mp4 for the widest support 🙂

Okay, so does that mean Jim M's post is now out of date, meaning that only You Tube and Vimeo are the only embeddable? -> 

No.. Jim's post is correct. He just doesn't specify that some video formats may not embed in all browsers when attached. If you take a look at our v5 announcements, you'll notice that all videos except for the "main announcement" are .mp4 files which have been uploaded as attachments to the post.

Browsers are quite picky with video formats. For example, .mov works fine in Safari, but fails in other browsers, and .wmv has never been supported in the <video> tag. This has always been the case, and nothing has changed in our software since Jims post. For the widest support, .mp4 is suggested.

3 hours ago, Ryan Ashbrook said:

I use Monosnap for Screen Captures.

https://monosnap.com

For Video, it uses mp4 format, which is compatible with most browsers.

Thanks so much for the monosnap lead. I just downloaded it and created a test video tutorial.  The .mp4 file format instantly came alive after dragging the video file into the post.