Locked out of my forum. Password reset not sending email.

AALBC
Go to solution Solved by Miss_B,

My passwords were memorized by my browser.  All of my saved passwords were erased for some unknown reason. 

My forum's is simply not sending the email with the password reset link (I checked my spam folder).  The password reset email worked for this forum allowing me to post my request for help.

I'm locked out of my forum is there another way for me to reset my own password?

If you have access to the database or FTP you can register a new account and manually move it to the admin group, or enable the email debug constant and save any emails to a folder on the server disk (and retrieve the reset password link from there).

Or, if the issue is only your account's email not receiving them, you can try manually updating it for in the database, too.

Before making any database changes be sure to take a backup, though.

Edited by teraßyte

Yeah, I already checked spam @Marc Stridgen 

@teraßyte I do have database and FTP access but I'm not sure how to do any of the things you've suggested...

My cell phone is still logged in, but it will not allow me to reset my password it is forcing me to login to the admin account which I can't do since I don't know the password...

and all the saved passwords on my phone are gone too.

@AALBC I had a similar issue. If you have DB access as you say, then I would just go in there and manually update the record for your user.

If you search online for "IPB password hash generator" you can find a tool that generates the hash and salt you'd need to add to your members table for a given password.

59 minutes ago, AALBC said:

@Marc Stridgen should i start another conversation about why I did not receive the password reset email?  I 'm not sure if this is a system wide problem.  My mailing address in the database was correct. 

You will want to check your email settings in ACP -> System -> Email Settings. First ensure there are not errors in the Email Error Logs.