Problems to Update to Invision 4.7.13

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

Hello, we are having big problems updating Invision to version 4.7.13.

1. the core_api_logs log table has a critical error and we don't know how to fix it, we have already reduced it to 5 days (to reduce the size) and the same error still persists.

2. Another error is that when we deactivate the Advanced Footer plugin @Fosters, the template error appears at front-end, but we use the Invision template. What can it be?

The attached images may help you.

I will be waiting for your help and thank you in advance.

Could contain: Text

Could contain: Text, Page

Could contain: Page, Text, Chart, Plot

31 minutes ago, Karina Harumi said:

1. the core_api_logs log table has a critical error and we don't know how to fix it, we have already reduced it to 5 days (to reduce the size) and the same error still persists.

show that errors there

if u still want to upgrade u need to delete that list from db and from directory. 

but its rly not good for that huge amount of errors 

(I panic when one appears) 

32 minutes ago, Karina Harumi said:

2. Another error is that when we deactivate the Advanced Footer plugin @Fosters, the template error appears at front-end, but we use the Invision template. What can it be?

Clear cache ? u need to show errors there to fix some.

go get -> acp and search for "logs" and show last from System logs and Error logs and specified records tooo

38 minutes ago, wegorz23 said:

mostrar que há erros lá

se você ainda quiser atualizar, precisará excluir essa lista do banco de dados e do diretório. 

mas não é bom para essa enorme quantidade de erros 

(entro em pânico quando aparece um) 

Limpar cache ? você precisa mostrar erros para corrigir alguns.

vá obter -> acp e pesquise "logs" e mostre o último dos logs do sistema e logs de erros e registros especificados também

Hii

here 

Could contain: File, Webpage, Page, Text, Person

Could contain: Page, Text, File

3 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

With the API logs, please check those. You have at least one item that is calling the API 43 times a minute. On its own, that will generate over 300 thousand API logs in 5 days. 

There really are many, what is the ideal period?

2 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Não há realmente nada de errado com 5 dias. No entanto, há um problema ao chamar APIs com tanta frequência. Existe um motivo pelo qual você precisaria chamá-lo assim com frequência? É muito fora do comum 

I really don't know the reason for this frequency, I will talk to the developers here at the company.

About the Plugin, I already cleared the cache and it didn't solve the problem, will deleting the plugin solve it? Because we don't pay for it anymore.

1 minute ago, Karina Harumi said:

I really don't know the reason for this frequency, I will talk to the developers here at the company.

About the Plugin, I already cleared the cache and it didn't solve the problem, will deleting the plugin solve it? Because we don't pay for it anymore.

I would certainly start with that, yes

Just now, Karina Harumi said:

Sorry I don't understand, about talking to the developers or deleting the plugin?

Both of those.

It's worth noting if you do indeed need to call that many times, they can switch off logging of those items. But I've never seen anything that needs to call that many times to any API. 

Okay, I'm talking to the developers who tinkered with the APIs, thanks!

About the plugin, so I'm going to delete it and then I'll probably be able to update Invision, right?
If it doesn't work, can you help me with a backup, something like that?

11 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Both of those.

It's worth noting if you do indeed need to call that many times, they can switch off logging of those items. But I've never seen anything that needs to call that many times to any API. 

• Solution
18 minutes ago, Karina Harumi said:

Thanks a lot! 

Regarding the API, the developer will already reduce it.
Can I update Invision without having to clear so many logs?

Yes you should be able to. If you are having issues doing so, let me know. 

6 minutes ago, Karina Harumi said:

Problem not resolved when deleting the plugin!! 

This erros apears https://forum.casadodesenvolvedor.com.br/

Please try clearing your browser cache on that last issue. Im not seeing it when logged into your community on this end. If you then still see the same issue, I will need to know who you are currently logged in as

2 hours ago, wegorz23 said:

In my opinion i will backup all data files and db and try to upgrade from clean distribution downloaded from site. Then upgrade db. But ur choice. 

Im not sure what this would resolve. This would very much not be the way to go in terms of an upgrade, and the error in question is related to the database and log table size. No amount of changing files will change the size of that database table.

3 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Im not sure what this would resolve. This would very much not be the way to go in terms of an upgrade, and the error in question is related to the database and log table size. No amount of changing files will change the size of that database table.

true