Search engine doesn't show results from forums

arrowman
Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

I'm talking about searching within the community. I don't see the possibility to choose if I want to search the "Forums". All other sections appear, even differents databases listed under the generic name "Registros" ("Registers").

The thing is that I have +100 forums nested in categories and I would like to access the list of forums or topics in said categories. For example, if I want to write something on the Calama forum, I need to find that forum to go to it, but the forum cannot be found even though it is in:
Inicio>Foros>Evaluación Popular>Alcaldías (en actualización)>Antofagasta>Calama

or in:
https://estadodechile.info/redes/forums/forum/184-calama/

I think the search is not considering the name of the forums(?)

Edited by arrowman

Don't you think it would be convenient to be able to search by the name of the forum? And the other thing is, why don't "Forums" appear in the list of places to search? Or "Todas Partes" ("All Content") means Forums included?

Could contain: Computer Hardware, Electronics, Hardware, Monitor, Screen, Adult, Female, Person, Woman, File

Edited by arrowman

14 minutes ago, arrowman said:

Don't you think it would be convenient to be able to search by the name of the forum?

Please feel free to put your suggestion in the Feedback forum.

My only recommendation is that if you need a search tool to find your forums, you may wish to rethink your forum structure and if that many forums are necessary. 

4 hours ago, arrowman said:

If it can be. There are always solutions to overcome problems and adapt.

I could put them in alphabetical order, but that is not the idea since it breaks the structure that also has a sense of being.

Some ideas: 

1. You write one pinned topic per forum with the name of the forum board (eg. "Information on Calama" in the Calama forum).  

Search will include topics, not the names of forums.  

2. You use prefixes and reduce your forums.  You can predefine prefixes.  

3. A general thought on user behavior: if a user needs to search your board to find the right board before they post, your board is too complicated.  Simplify, simplify, simplify especially in the beginning. 

Edited by Joel R

Hello Joel R (and Randy Calvert and Jim M.)

Thank you for your suggestions. What you say is quite sane. I believe you've had to make an effort to adapt. It should be the other way around.

Regarding the forums, the list is extensive, so it would have been ideal to find the forum by its name. Let's hope that in future versions the search function will include the column containing the forum titles.

The search function is the most concerning issue, as there are people who will try to find the correct forum through this means, and the search function is not yielding the expected results (this is just one of several issues I've found). One solution would be to edit the large number of forums to include a topic that contains the forum name or something similar, akin to your suggestion (1).

For the time being, I will trust that the segment the community is focused on will know how to find the correct forum in the right place. Moreover, I believe they will feel satisfied when they find it and will be more inclined to post.

Thank you once again.
arrowman

Edited by arrowman