PHP 8.1.20 and MariaDB 10.11

In Pages we enabled anonymous posting.

In records directly we see anonymous author, that is right

Could contain: Text, Page, Number, Symbol

But in topic listing is not very anonymous

Could contain: Logo, Text

and on index at all

Could contain: Text, Page

This is not issue with template, this bug has appeared since you gave this feature to Invision.

Since this board has been upgraded through lot of versions with reseted templates but nothing helped. The same issue appeared under PHP 8.0 and MariaDB 10.6.

Do you need any more info?

I can confirm this on my own board, but probably this is only Pages issue. On Forum cannot reproduce this.

And in my case it's pretty weird. I enabled anonymous posting for desired category in Pages' database, edited record, enabled anonymous posting and after hit Save I got this:

BadMethodCallException:  (0)
#0 /root_path/domain.tld/web/system/Content/Item.php(1368): IPS\_Content->setAnonymous(true, Object(IPS\Member))
#1 /root_path/domain.tld/web/applications/cms/sources/Records/Records.php(2522): IPS\Content\_Item->processAfterEdit(Array)
#2 /root_path/domain.tld/web/applications/cms/modules/front/database/record.php(710): IPS\cms\_Records->processAfterEdit(Array)
#3 /root_path/domain.tld/web/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(107): IPS\cms\modules\front\database\_record->edit()
#4 /root_path/domain.tld/web/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#5 /root_path/domain.tld/web/applications/cms/sources/Databases/Dispatcher.php(343): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#6 /root_path/domain.tld/web/applications/cms/widgets/Database.php(128): IPS\cms\Databases\_Dispatcher->run()
#7 /root_path/domain.tld/web/applications/cms/sources/Pages/Page.php(1321): IPS\cms\widgets\_Database->render()
#8 /root_path/domain.tld/web/applications/cms/sources/Pages/Page.php(2301): IPS\cms\Pages\_Page->getWidgets()
#9 /root_path/domain.tld/web/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/page.php(227): IPS\cms\Pages\_Page->output()
#10 /root_path/domain.tld/web/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(107): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_page->__call('edit', Array)
#11 /root_path/domain.tld/web/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/page.php(33): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#12 /root_path/domain.tld/web/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_page->execute()
#13 /root_path/domain.tld/web/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#14 {main}

When in a record I let anonymous posting disabled I can save record without problems. Not sure if related to the original topic. I have the same version of Invision.

Edited by Axel Wers

11 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention! I can confirm

And this is interesting:

1st is our employee

2nd is Guest

3rd is Anonymous

In all cases it's the same person. 2nd record has been edited and why 3rd is suddenly anonymous when 1st is still marked by name I dont know at all.

Could contain: Text, Number, Symbol

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, ExoTech said:

Hello, when this issue will be fixed?

There is no specific time we are able to give on bug fixes, unfortunately. Once there is a bug, it requires determining how we are going to fix, then someone to actually do that fix, someone to test it works, then it gets added to a release. How long that process takes can depend on quite a lot of factors.