Facebook and Instagram embedding

25 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

What point is it you are struggling with?

After creating an app, I've chosen the option "Other" in the menu of chosing what your app should do and afterwads I can't find the product oEmbed, that should be connected to the app.

6 minutes ago, DawPi said:

So maybe better option would be update your instructions, Marc? It would help everyone. 

The report is that the user can't get it to work using the official instructions. The response is that I will need to take a look at it. Honestly not sure where you got the impression I wasn't looking at this?

I have taken a look at their documentation, and it appears this is missing because your facebook developer account must have business verification. 

This permission or feature is only available with business verification. You may also need to sign additional contracts before your app can access data. 

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/features-reference/oembed-read

1 minute ago, angle4cor said:

Do you need to run a buisness in order to be verified and therefore be able to embed FB/Instagram posts on your board?

That sounds like a question for Facebook.  They are the ones who have changed their requirements/policies.

I personally gave up on the social media platforms. They change their rules on a whim and don’t give others a chance to adapt.  You just suddenly find one day sometimes stopped working and you are left holding the bag.