Video Meetings and/or Live Chat features?

usmf

Another question here on behalf of a friend who is getting ready to add an IPS community to their site. They've asked me a few questions, and this is something that we've never needed in our community, so I'm not sure of an answer.

1) Does Invision offer any options for hosting video meetings -- anything that would serve as an alternative to running meetings in ZOOM Pro?

2) Is there a way to have a chat feature in the community?

Thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, usmf said:

1) Does Invision offer any options for hosting video meetings -- anything that would serve as an alternative to running meetings in ZOOM Pro?

We dont offer the video services for meetings unfortunately. We can show live videos within live topics, but this would be more of an 'event' type environment, rather than a meeting. For example, we have our release chats which we show in a video event, and others can participate in the form of questions. You can see how this works here, if its of interest.

2 hours ago, usmf said:

2) Is there a way to have a chat feature in the community?

We dont have a live chat feature at present. There are a few 3rd party applications Ive seen which add this.

Of course, feel free to get them to drop our sales team a message if there is anything we can discuss with them.

https://invisioncommunity.com/contact-us

1 hour ago, usmf said:

Thanks so much! Good to know, and I've found a couple options in the Marketplace that may suit for the chat feature. 

I believe they are going to be contacting the sales team shortly, now that they've got an idea of what they're looking at.

If you're looking to host real time events using Zoom, then I encourage you to read the blog post about Events.  

This was a new enhancement that's very recent (and in fact, IPS hosts a monthly webinar that your team might want to join as a case study of how it's utilized). It  incorporates real time chatting that are then migrated to topics, so it combined the best of both.  

Unite your community with the Events application https://invisioncommunity.com/news/invision-community/unite-your-community-with-the-events-application-r1265/

If you need persistent chat behind these one time Events , yes there are third party modifications for chat and shoutboxes.  

1 hour ago, Joel R said:

If you're looking to host real time events using Zoom, then I encourage you to read the blog post about Events.  

This was a new enhancement that's very recent (and in fact, IPS hosts a monthly webinar that your team might want to join as a case study of how it's utilized). It  incorporates real time chatting that are then migrated to topics, so it combined the best of both.  

Unite your community with the Events application https://invisioncommunity.com/news/invision-community/unite-your-community-with-the-events-application-r1265/

If you need persistent chat behind these one time Events , yes there are third party modifications for chat and shoutboxes.  

Thanks for this! I try to stay on top of releases, but sometimes they slip past me. 🙂 This looks like something I'll definitely look into. 

Edited by usmf

4 minutes ago, usmf said:

Thanks for this! I try to stay on top of releases, but sometimes they slip past me. 🙂 Is this Events app what is showing as a drop-down under "Calendar"? This looks like something I'll definitely look into. How do I access settings for this in the AdminCP?

The Events application replaced Calendar. You can manage it in the ACP -> Community -> Events.