OG Image tags for Pages

The Record Image field in a Pages database provides the correct og image for external linking.

Just make sure the field is enabled in your Database (AdminCP > Pages > Your Database > Fields and then the ‘Record Image’ field under “Publish Fields”). Then, for each Page record, you just select Edit, find the image field, upload up it desired image to the field and then save. 🙂

Edited by Dreadknux

• 3 months later...
16 hours ago, opentype said:

It would be a nice feature request for 5.x. But for 4.x, there is just OG:images for database records, not pages themselves. The latter are just empty containers to put stuff onto them. 

Thanks for the clarification.

On 7/22/2023 at 7:20 PM, CircaCitadel said:

I'm glad to see og:image tags added for forums, it was much needed. But I'm surprised it wasn't added for pages as well. Is there a reason this isn't a feature, or is it possible to be added? We have a few pages I'd love to have special OG images for when sharing.

This is indeed the case at present, so left here for the feedback of course 🙂 

On 7/22/2023 at 2:20 PM, CircaCitadel said:

I'm glad to see og:image tags added for forums, it was much needed. But I'm surprised it wasn't added for pages as well. Is there a reason this isn't a feature, or is it possible to be added? We have a few pages I'd love to have special OG images for when sharing.

A better system would be awesome, but you can add og images to custom pages via the meta tag editor in the Admin CP.  It works well for a handful of pages, but would be tedious for a large list.

@Marc Stridgen it would be really nice to have the meta tag editor built into the block editor for working with live pages that don't have a database.  That way I can just add the details I want when creating the page.