Marketplace Themes: Reusable on onther website without directly buying them from the marketplace

So, I've noticed that if you buy a theme from the marketplace, you can download it and when you upload it on a new website it will not work, which is fine. 
BUT, If you copy the theme you bought from the marketplace and you download it, and upload it on another website, it will work perfectly. I saw my themes uploaded on the marketplace for free on other websites.
In my opinion, you should not let them copy it or download it if it's from the marketplace.

I wanted to upload a few new themes with some pretty insane settings and features, but since I saw this, I said I will wait until you fix them. Cuz I don't want my new theme to be stolen and used by everyone for free. I will be waiting for this fix, thank you.

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Page, Text

Edited by drawncodes

43 minutes ago, drawncodes said:

I will be waiting for this fix, thank you.

You'll be waiting a long time then. There are countless ways to bypass that kind of restriction as long as the user has access to the source code. Trying to stop piracy is a lost cause, you're better off forgetting about it and using that time on making more themes... 🙄

I know. But the scripts that I’ve been working my ass of for months I don’t want them to get on the internet for free also free for everyone. I want only Invision clients that are using the marketplace to use it. I worked a lot for the upcoming themes, and the new features… 😑

8 hours ago, drawncodes said:

I know. But the scripts that I’ve been working my ass of for months I don’t want them to get on the internet for free also free for everyone. I want only Invision clients that are using the marketplace to use it. I worked a lot for the upcoming themes, and the new features… 😑

Welcome to the club. You’re not the only one who spends a lot of time on this and got things spread out. The only safe way to not have it shared is basically keeps it with you only.

Edited by Adriano Faria

On 7/18/2023 at 5:58 PM, Matt said:

Unfortunately there is no easy answer to this. We tried for years to hide meta data so we could track piracy but they always find it and remove it.

I can give you the solution. It’s easy to do it, since it’s your software, I already did some protection anti-steal with they base url. But I can’t do it to be automatically, I would have to do it manually for each client and it sucks. But there are some insane ways we can do it if you are up to it.