New Pages Database Not Showing Up in Menu

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

I created a new Pages database called "Job Board" and added it to my menu in ACP. However, when I look at the site, the Job Board page does not show up. Any idea why that would be? I also have a record in the database, but since I can't see the page on the front end I don't know if that record shows up, either. 

Could contain: File, Webpage, Page, Text, Logo

Could contain: Page, Text, Electronics, Hardware

Could contain: File, Computer, Electronics, Pc, Computer Hardware, Hardware, Screen, Monitor, Text

Edited by amoncur

If you go to "Pages>Content>Databases" and look at the side of the database name, it will tell you if its already on a page. As (I think) opentype is suggesting there, its likely you already have it attached to a page. If so, it would not allow you to select it, as it can be selected as the database on one page only

The one in System>Site Features, right? Yes, indeed - it's published. But still doesn't show up on front end (or in preview in ACP). What's weird is I just clicked publish again, then checked the live preview in ACP and the Job Board menu item DID show up...went to the front end and it DID NOT show up, went back to the ACP and it no longer showed up. 

Could contain: File, Computer Hardware, Electronics, Hardware, Monitor, Screen, Webpage, Page, Text, Pc

Ha, just checked the live preview and Job Board shows up again...but still does not show up on front end. What clue does this give us?

Could contain: File, Electronics, Screen, Webpage, Page, Text, Computer Hardware, Hardware, Monitor, Pc

Lovely - ruled out the silly possibility that it wasn't published.

Next one - you are choosing to "Show this item to users who can access its content." - have you confirmed that the Page itself has permissions set to allow the page to be accessible, and the same with the Database?

Reason for asking this - the default permission on a new Page has no groups selected. If you create a database, and don't assign it to a Page at the time of creation, and then go back and create a Page and add the database there, then you are potentially looking for a Page that isn't accessible.

Just adding some possibilities to the mix.

14 hours ago, amoncur said:

@Marc Stridgen FYI this just happened again with my new Mentoring page database: https://www.thewave.engineer/mentoring/ I resaved the page permissions like you suggested and that fixed the problem. 

Next time you do one of these, please disable all 3rd party items before you do so. Im not able to reproduce the issue on my end unfortunately