Language translation through API

15 hours ago, Jim M said:

There are already made language packs available in our Marketplace though: https://invisioncommunity.com/files/category/161-translations/

As I know these packs translate pre defined data.

What if I have pages or forum and I want real-time translation in two languages? How can I achieve this?

Marc Stridgen
This post was recognized by Marc Stridgen!

"Neat :)"

Nathan Explosion was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 5 points.

If you have Pages, create a custom block using Manual HTML and add the following code in the content (if your existing language isn't English then change the 'en' element - https://cloud.google.com/translate/docs/languages)

<div id="google_translate_element"></div>
<script type="text/javascript">
	function googleTranslateElementInit() {
		new google.translate.TranslateElement(
			{pageLanguage: 'en'},
			'google_translate_element'
		);
    }
</script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="https://translate.google.com/translate_a/element.js?cb=googleTranslateElementInit"></script>

Once created, drag it in place onto your site:

Could contain: File, Webpage

Be aware that sometimes Google decide to make that unavailable.

Edited by Nathan Explosion

On 6/29/2023 at 6:17 PM, Nathan Explosion said:

If you have Pages, create a custom block using Manual HTML and add the following code in the content (if your existing language isn't English then change the 'en' element -

This is good but does not solve the purpose. 

What if I have a third-party API for language translation? Is there any possibility to integrate this with my website with some custom modifications?

14 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Just to clarify, then...what you are seeking is a feature that translates the entire page at the time of the user requesting the page, so that the served page is entirely in their language?

Yes
but Google Translate is not on my list.

Edited by Pushpendra Singh Chauhan

Just now, Nathan Explosion said:

Oh no...I'm not suggesting anything at all.

I was just going to point you towards the plans/pricing details for your chosen option to provide you an indication of how expensive your requirement may become.

Expense is ok but is this doable with Invision Community Suite?

I did not get any clue from the IPS team in this regard.

7 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Yep - it's theoretically doable.

Thanks. 

Actually, First I tried the language localization of IPS, in phrases and html/php pages this is working fine. But in db pages, if I use {lang="cust_service"} in the source this does not work as the editor changes this to {lang=&quot;cust_service&quot;}

24 minutes ago, Pushpendra Singh Chauhan said:

Actually, First I tried the language localization of IPS, in phrases and html/php pages this is working fine. But in db pages, if I use {lang="cust_service"} in the source this does not work as the editor changes this to {lang=&quot;cust_service&quot;}

Why not just then simply create three different fields in pages for input and use those as for language translation and then modify template of pages to show as per user selected language.

And if you want the translation to be done via some api that you can do via extending the pages app and save those values in that fields. Or use IPS API and do translation at local, post and save in new fields.

This way you can easily have your data in api as well as you can also make changes in template to display as per right language.

53 minutes ago, Pushpendra Singh Chauhan said:

Expense is ok

If expense is not an issue drop me dm, I will help.

---

Ignore typos sent via mobile.