Problem with 4.7.9 and future publish dates in database

rocketpig

We run four installs of IPB and only one of them is suffering from this problem.

We have writers who write entries that later require approval from an editor/admin. That's fine, works as expected.

But if the admin edits the piece and sets the publish date in the future, after approving it the article publishes automatically within the next hour or two. Sometimes it's immediate, sometimes it's five minutes, but it's publishing *way* ahead of schedule.

Is this a common bug in 4.7.9 and would providing system logs or anything else help to better explain the underlying issue?

6 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Sorry, we would need more information. We need to know when it was scheduled for, when it actually showed, and an example user it was showing to before published (along with where it was actually showing). 

Yeah, I know this is a tough one to display, I wish I had a better way to display the info needed. I can grant you admin rights if that would help.

I don't recall when it was originally scheduled because one of our editors messed with it after it became visible. What I do know is that it became visible almost immediately - certainly within an hour of being approved.

It was visible to all users in all user states before it published. Normally, only administrators can see something scheduled to be published.

Marc Stridgen
This post was recognized by Marc Stridgen!

Nathan Explosion was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 5 points.

This is reproducible, based on the information provided.

You'll need 3 user accounts: 2 'Members' who can create records in the database and a 'Moderator' or 'Administrator' who can view the unapproved records.

1. Login as Member 1
    • Create and submit a new record in a database that requires approval of new records
    • Confirm you see that the record is pending approval (icon next to title)
    • Logout
  2. Login as Member 2
    • Confirm you cannot see that new record
    • Logout
  3. Login is Administrator
    • Edit the new record, change the existing publishing date to a future time, save the record
    • Confirm you can see that the publishing date has been set (icon next to title - note that approval icon not displayed anymore too)
    • Logout
  4. Login as Member 2
    • Confirm you cannot see the new record
    • Logout
  5. Login as Administrator
    • Approve the record
    • Confirm you can still see that the publishing date has been set (icon next to title)
    • Logout
  6. Login as Member 2
    • You can now see the approved record

Tested on 4.7.10

Edited by Nathan Explosion

• 1 month later...