Can't read the last post of a topic on Safari iOS (iPad)?

I've experienced this a couple of times on my iPad and also on my iPhone. A comment is added as a reply to a topic, and I can see that comment appear as being posted "6 minutes" ago on the topic list (the comment was actually posted 15 minutes ago). Yet when I click the "6 min" link it takes me to the first post of the topic and I can't see that last comment. I can access the last comment as expected from Chrome on my Mac. 

Another time on my iPhone I received an email notification that a reply had been posted to a topic, I clicked the link and could not see the reply. The reply appeared as expected on my Mac. 

After a while (15 or 20 minutes) I end up being able to see the comment on the iOS device. 

Yes, it looks like a caching issue. It occurs when you've already viewed a page, then someone posts an answer and you try to view that same page again.

I just tried experimenting with a test post but I can't reproduce the issue when I reply to my own thread: my reply is immediately accessible in that case. 

Edited by David N.

9 minutes ago, David N. said:

But then that is an issue: I post a question on my Mac, receive a notification on my phone where I'm not logged in, click the link in the notification and there's no reply to my question. 🤨

That would be expected as you're not logged in and the guest cache would impact you. If you want to read notifications though, you would be best to login as you may receive notifications that guest wouldn't be able to take action on and have other expected permission warnings with that.

Just now, Jim M said:

That would be expected as you're not logged in and the guest cache would impact you. If you want to read notifications though, you would be best to login as you may receive notifications that guest wouldn't be able to take action on and have other expected issues with that.

It's not really an issue for me, now that I know, I could just stay logged in on my phone. It's an issue for my members though, as I can't imagine explaining that behavior to all of them. When they receive an email notification and click the button labeled "Go to this Post" and they don't see a post, they think something's wrong.