Jump to content

Translation examples missing in some keys

Go to solution Solved by Daniel F,

Recommended Posts

During a check I found some keys without the translation example for a different language.



Translates the title of the content into the creation of the survey




Translates the title in the notification settings in administration. Those by pressing the bell to understand.




I can't find the exact point, but it is a function of the theme to remove the logo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I apologize for the language. I try to explain myself and will do it again if needed with more examples




They are keys that we translate, they don't have the example translation, they are empty and we don't know how to translate. I found what two keys translate to give you the place where they appear in the forum


Edited by ThunderBlue
add image
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

Some strings are intentionally empty!

Our framework expects that some strings exist for e.g. tables and permission columns and if it doesn't make sense to have any text shown there, we'll just leave it empty.


We translators cannot know which tables may be wrong in this way. Wouldn't it be more useful to eliminate these useless keys?

Edited by ThunderBlue
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm sorry for all this confusion. I am trying to figure out what is going on with these keys. Actually the ones sengalated above are correct. The problem arises with some rss keys that result in system and forum. One empty and one translated. Is this a problem, or is it voluntary?


The keys with this problem are














Edited by ThunderBlue
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Issues whereby you have duplicate keys are usually caused by 3rd party items adding keys. Do you have any type of RSS plugin or application present?

Hi Marc. I don't have any plugins related to this problem.

I think it is a problem caused by the system. I think the rss management was changed from Forum to System, but the keys were not removed with the next update.

I contacted the other Italian translator and the problem is also present by him.

Probably checking the translations in other languages would confirm this.

A check from other users with the live forum from past updates would also be helpful.

With the clean version the problem in the original language is not present.


In my case I solved everything with this method

  • I opened the database table core_sys_lang_words
  • I followed the id of the two languages present (original and Italian)
  • I manually removed all the rss key involved. Only the ones that were appearing with Forums app. The ones used by app system are correct.

These are the tables I removed from the two languages. Following id of the original language and id of the Italian language

Forums - rss_import
Forums - rss_import_auth_pass
Forums - rss_import_auth_pass_desc
Forums - rss_import_auth_user_desc
Forums - rss_import_details
Forums - rss_import_invalid
Forums - rss_import_preview
Forums - rss_import_showlink_default
Forums - rss_import_topic_hide
Forums - rss_import_topic_pre
Forums - rss_import_topic_pre_desc
Forums - rss_import_url
Forums - rss_import_mid
Forums - rss_run

The languages are now correct and the translation works well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...