Jump to content

Issue starting new topics on forum


Go to solution Solved by eliteone,

Recommended Posts

Try going to the Get Support page at the bottom of the Systems tab (the default tab) in your AdminCP, and then look for the Clear System Cache button and click it.

Once you do that, reload the page and see if that resolves the issue you are having.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Makoto said:

Try going to the Get Support page at the bottom of the Systems tab (the default tab) in your AdminCP, and then look for the Clear System Cache button and click it.

Once you do that, reload the page and see if that resolves the issue you are having.

No change after clearing system cache

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It looks like you're probably having JavaScript issues somewhere then that isn't caused by outdated cache or a theming issue, which could mean a third-party plugin or application is causing the issue.

Are you able to provide a link to the forum by chance, and can this be replicated by a newly registered user if the forum is public?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cleared Edge cache. Still get the same results. 

1 minute ago, eliteone said:

Cleared Edge cache. Still get the same results. 

Ok it works in Chrome. Wonder if an Edge update broke something? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ThunderBlue said:

No problem for me and I use chrome

ZEQ886Z.png

I just checked Chrome and it seems to work on it. I have two forums with the same theme. The other forum works fine in Edge it's only this one that isn't working. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are you using any type of anti-virus that injects JavaScript into the web pages you visit by chance?

If you are using McAfee, KasperSky or so on, try temporarily disabling it and see if you still have any issues.

If that doesn't work, try disabling any ad blocking or similar plugins in your web browser. Additionally see if the issue also persists in an incognito window.

Edit: Just saw you said it works fine in Chrome, so your AV probably isn't the issue, which leaves browser plugins/ad blockers as the next most likely culprit.

Edited by Makoto
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Solution
17 minutes ago, Makoto said:

Are you using any type of anti-virus that injects JavaScript into the web pages you visit by chance?

If you are using McAfee, KasperSky or so on, try temporarily disabling it and see if you still have any issues.

If that doesn't work, try disabling any ad blocking or similar plugins in your web browser. Additionally see if the issue also persists in an incognito window.

Edit: Just saw you said it works fine in Chrome, so your AV probably isn't the issue, which leaves browser plugins/ad blockers as the next most likely culprit.

It's weird.  I nuked all the Edge stuff, reset it to default and it still won't work in Edge. At least it's working in Chrome. 

2 minutes ago, eliteone said:

It's weird.  I nuked all the Edge stuff, reset it to default and it still won't work in Edge. At least it's working in Chrome. 

For reference for anyone. I fixed it. I removed my one Edge extension, LastPass and then reinstalled it. It's now working on Edge again.  I've had this extension for a long time and never had an issue like this. 🤨

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, eliteone said:

It's now working on Edge again.  I've had this extension for a long time and never had an issue like this.

I imagined it was a disturbing plugin. I'm glad you solved it there. Thanks for the solution that can help others in the future

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, ThunderBlue said:

I imagined it was a disturbing plugin. I'm glad you solved it there. Thanks for the solution that can help others in the future

It was definitely odd. I have the plugin on Chrome too and it didn't mess with it. Go figure. 🙄 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Completely off-topic, but for what it's worth, I strongly encourage you to find another password manager as LastPass has been subject to multiple security incidents in recent years.

DashLane and BitWarden are both great alternatives if you'd like to consider switching.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Makoto said:

Completely off-topic, but for what it's worth, I strongly encourage you to find another password manager as LastPass has been subject to multiple security incidents in recent years.

DashLane and BitWarden are both great alternatives if you'd like to consider switching.

I'm a big fan of 1Password and use it across all of my devices.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree with the suggestions above. I was using Lastpass too but I recently changed. Leaving aside all their recent security issues, their last UI update for the browser plugin is atrocious: autocomplete not working, safe showing accounts unrelated to the site URL, etc. It's a mess. 🤦‍♂️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, teraßyte said:

I agree with the suggestions above. I was using Lastpass too but I recently changed. Leaving aside all their recent security issues, their last UI update for the browser plugin is atrocious: autocomplete not working, safe showing accounts unrelated to the site URL, etc. It's a mess. 🤦‍♂️

Sounds like you had a similar experience to me in that regard

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...