Issue starting new topics on forum

Go to solution Solved by eliteone,

Try going to the Get Support page at the bottom of the Systems tab (the default tab) in your AdminCP, and then look for the Clear System Cache button and click it.

Once you do that, reload the page and see if that resolves the issue you are having.

Just now, Makoto said:

Try going to the Get Support page at the bottom of the Systems tab (the default tab) in your AdminCP, and then look for the Clear System Cache button and click it.

Once you do that, reload the page and see if that resolves the issue you are having.

No change after clearing system cache

It looks like you're probably having JavaScript issues somewhere then that isn't caused by outdated cache or a theming issue, which could mean a third-party plugin or application is causing the issue.

Are you able to provide a link to the forum by chance, and can this be replicated by a newly registered user if the forum is public?

Are you using any type of anti-virus that injects JavaScript into the web pages you visit by chance?

If you are using McAfee, KasperSky or so on, try temporarily disabling it and see if you still have any issues.

If that doesn't work, try disabling any ad blocking or similar plugins in your web browser. Additionally see if the issue also persists in an incognito window.

Edit: Just saw you said it works fine in Chrome, so your AV probably isn't the issue, which leaves browser plugins/ad blockers as the next most likely culprit.

Edited by Makoto

• Solution
17 minutes ago, Makoto said:

Are you using any type of anti-virus that injects JavaScript into the web pages you visit by chance?

If you are using McAfee, KasperSky or so on, try temporarily disabling it and see if you still have any issues.

If that doesn't work, try disabling any ad blocking or similar plugins in your web browser. Additionally see if the issue also persists in an incognito window.

Edit: Just saw you said it works fine in Chrome, so your AV probably isn't the issue, which leaves browser plugins/ad blockers as the next most likely culprit.

It's weird.  I nuked all the Edge stuff, reset it to default and it still won't work in Edge. At least it's working in Chrome. 

2 minutes ago, eliteone said:

It's weird.  I nuked all the Edge stuff, reset it to default and it still won't work in Edge. At least it's working in Chrome. 

For reference for anyone. I fixed it. I removed my one Edge extension, LastPass and then reinstalled it. It's now working on Edge again.  I've had this extension for a long time and never had an issue like this. 🤨

8 minutes ago, ThunderBlue said:

I imagined it was a disturbing plugin. I'm glad you solved it there. Thanks for the solution that can help others in the future

It was definitely odd. I have the plugin on Chrome too and it didn't mess with it. Go figure. 🙄 

Completely off-topic, but for what it's worth, I strongly encourage you to find another password manager as LastPass has been subject to multiple security incidents in recent years.

DashLane and BitWarden are both great alternatives if you'd like to consider switching.

30 minutes ago, Makoto said:

Completely off-topic, but for what it's worth, I strongly encourage you to find another password manager as LastPass has been subject to multiple security incidents in recent years.

DashLane and BitWarden are both great alternatives if you'd like to consider switching.

I'm a big fan of 1Password and use it across all of my devices.  

I agree with the suggestions above. I was using Lastpass too but I recently changed. Leaving aside all their recent security issues, their last UI update for the browser plugin is atrocious: autocomplete not working, safe showing accounts unrelated to the site URL, etc. It's a mess. 🤦‍♂️

6 hours ago, teraßyte said:

I agree with the suggestions above. I was using Lastpass too but I recently changed. Leaving aside all their recent security issues, their last UI update for the browser plugin is atrocious: autocomplete not working, safe showing accounts unrelated to the site URL, etc. It's a mess. 🤦‍♂️

Sounds like you had a similar experience to me in that regard