Is there a solution for preventing individual members from receiving PM?

Go to solution Solved by Adriano Faria,

5 minutes ago, beats23 said:

Is there a solution for preventing individual members from receiving PM.

I would like to assign a rule to prevent individual members from receiving private messages from other members. Is there a solution or plugin that can do this?

Do you want to prevent a certain member from receiving private messages from everyone? If that case, you can disable the messanger for that member.

If you want to prevent a certain member  from receiving private messages from other members, have a look at my app.

It will allow you to force 2 members to ignore each other. You can select the messages option which will allow for blocking of personal messages.

3 minutes ago, Miss_B said:

Do you want to prevent a certain member from receiving private messages from everyone? If that case, you can disable the messanger for that member.

If you want to prevent a certain member  from receiving private messages from other members, have a look at my app.

It will allow you to force 2 members to ignore each other. You can select the messages option which will allow for blocking of personal messages.

Thanks for this info. Basically, I have a member who is using my site to advertise his service on the sly, I don't want to ban him. I want to prevent him from receiving PM from all members without him knowing he is not receiving any PM.

Can your app do this?

Can you tell me where to find the option to disable PM for members, I'm assuming if I turn off PM for a member using this option, the member will know that their PM feature is disabled.

4 minutes ago, beats23 said:

Can you tell me where to find the option to disable PM for members, I'm assuming if I turn off PM for a member using this option, the member will know that their PM feature is disabled.

With the stock version of IPB, to disable someone's messenger you would search for the member in the ACP.  Once you have their account open, find the following:

Could contain: Text

Click on Disable Messenger.  You'll be presented with:

Could contain: Text

From the user's perspective, if they try to open their Messenger and they're not allowed to re-enable it, they'll see:

Could contain: Page, Text

Cool thanks. I just disabled his PM feature.  Now he will know I'm aware of what he is doing on the sly🙂

It would be cool if a developer could create an app or plugin that can be used to apply a rule to a group. For example, the none subscribers group can only send PM to a chosen set of members like admins and no one else. And the option to disable the PM feature for an individual member without the member knowing that their PM feature has been disabled.