Content sent by Anonymous is shown as sent by Guest

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

I created a record in the Page's database, in Record I see By Anonymouse

Could contain: Logo, Text

but on board index I see By Guest

Could contain: Tie, Formal Wear, Accessories, People, Person, Logo, Text

But Guest is not Anonymous.

By Anonymous I can translate to my language in ACP as By Our Team

but By Guest I cannot translate as By Our Team, so could you fix this issue? Thanks.

16 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Could you please clarify what issue you are having with translating the word guest?

I think he meant there would be no sense in change Guest to Anonymous as both are different things/authors. Guest is used suite-wide, not only in items and posts/comments.

57 minutes ago, Axel Wers said:

I created a record in the Page's database, in Record I see By Anonymouse

Could contain: Logo, Text

but on board index I see By Guest

Could contain: Tie, Formal Wear, Accessories, People, Person, Logo, Text

But Guest is not Anonymous.

By Anonymous I can translate to my language in ACP as By Our Team

Are you using a default unmodified theme? I remember it was ok when it was released but I don’t use it currently.

1 minute ago, Adriano Faria said:

I think he meant there would be no sense in change Guest to Anonymous as both are different things/authors. Guest is used suite-wide, not only in items and posts/comments.

Yes.

3 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Are you using a default unmodified theme?

Theme is modified but without changes in source code. I changed only colors etc, this couldn't have any effect on this.

1 hour ago, Adriano Faria said:

Are you using a default unmodified theme? I remember it was ok when it was released but I don’t use it currently.

1 hour ago, Axel Wers said:

Theme is modified but without changes in source code. I changed only colors etc, this couldn't have any effect on this.

Just made a quick test on my live test board and it seems fine:

PvCWFmA.png

2 minutes ago, Axel Wers said:

Try to with records and databases.

I have in Pages created two databases one has this setting, other not. Where is setting for this? I thought only in Member Groups setting I could switch this

Could contain: Page, Text

Could contain: Page, Text, File

True, confirmed:

MkQqp4b.png

I got confused because you said BOARD INDEX in your first post, so I thought you were talking about Forums, although you mention Pages databases too.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Always good to hear.

Oh, could you check, if you see Anonymous when viewing list of records in category? I see there my name, only profile picture changed to default. When viewing list of categories, I see Anonymous, this was fixed.

When I create a new record in some category and then I go back to category I see newly added records by anonymous but when I switch record to not anonymous and then back to anonymous, records are marked by name, although I switched records to anonymous. This is viewed only in categories.

Both records are marked anonymous. There should be not my name.

Try create record, switch to anonymous and save. Then switch to not anonymous and save. And then switch again to anonymous and go to category what you see on list of records.

Could contain: Text, Page

Then I switch newer record to not anonymous