Error on Site Pages

hello. 

I saw that the password is not being saved correctly.  it might be too long?

can you check in the notes section of the form ? 

when i click save, the dots appearing after saving are only afew while the password is really much longer. 

in the notes section you can see the correct password.  

the server admin just verified this is the correct one  it has more than 20+ characters

Edited by MeMaBlue

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, MeMaBlue said:

when i click save, the dots appearing after saving are only afew while the password is really much longer. 

This is expected and a security measure on our end.

Unfortunately, it is the connection rather than the credentials. The connection is not getting far enough to attempt the credntials.

OK, had to use the other hostname and some other connection properties but I got in.

ok i forwarded the instruction , hope he sees it fast. He is at another installation somewhere. 

as i see now, links are not sending you to any content but only to an empty content page wrapped with header and footer.  here is one example of a link with a friendly url  that is not leading to the actual thread.  https://parents.org.gr/forum/index.php?/topic/93389-ανακοίνωση-τεχνικό-πρόβλημα/ 

i saw that you left  the rewrite urls deactivated.

when all friendly urls  options are deactivated all is working weill, did you notice that?  because now that they are activated its not. 
[previously, some days ago when all was good, all the friendly url options, were active/enabled]. 

anyhow, will report after this. 

should we run also the clear cache option afterwards, at the support tool ? or is that not needed - or is it best practice anyway, to run it everytime we change something?

1 hour ago, MeMaBlue said:

ok .  unfortunately he is not able to go to a pc and is outside.

untill i have further news he told me you can  can feel free to try things out with

user ini  

(dont know what that is)

Your hosting provider would need to perform any server management tasks. I’m afraid, server management is outside our scope of support.

Hello.   

what is the best setting to not get any penalty for seo. 

with friendly url  active,   the forum is not working at all its not readable no link works

google links also do not take you anywhere but homepage. 

if all friendly url are disabled, then at least the forum works 

but all the google links like above do not work they just take you to the home page of forum.

so untill things are fixed i have disabled the friendly url because then at least the forum items are usable and readable,

I am really horrified about this. 

Cloudflare is provided to us for free from another company (not our hosting provider) since we are non-profit, so in the weekend nobody was there to do that, so i hope tomorrow morning.   

Is anyone please familiar with google seo things to help me deal with this, in case I need to notify google that there is maintenance about it? is that a good step ?  or irrelevant? its 3 days now that links are not working the way they were supposed to.  should i do these?

Could contain: Page, Text 

Edited by MeMaBlue

I have split this into its own topic, as it was attatched to someone elses.

At present, we are in a position whereby we are unable to assist as the (s)ftp details provided are either incorrect or inaccessable to us. Until this is resolved, we are unable to determine what is the cause of the issue, and we are in the position of guessing what may be the cause

hello, but why and how did Jim was able to log in.?  can you please check at the notes  of the  access information ?

the password is too long and its not saved,    ......its in the notes...    

or does maybe a whitelisting need to happen ? i thought since Jim was able to login its working?  

There has been no message from Jim relating to connection other than the one above stating he cannot connect. As mentioned, its not getting as far as the password.

Also the length of the password is being saved. You see only 8 dots once saved for security reasons. Everyone sees that whether the password is 3 characters or 27 characters

ok about the password!  

but he did connect,  on Saturday he wrote that

On 12/10/2022 at 8:06 PM, Jim M said:

This is expected and a security measure on our end.

Unfortunately, it is the connection rather than the credentials. The connection is not getting far enough to attempt the credntials.

OK, had to use the other hostname and some other connection properties but I got in.

"OK, had to use the other hostname and some other connection properties but I got in. "

I just had my serveradmin send me everything again,   ....

tell me what is the Thunder signal in the form, what does this stand for  Could contain: Text, Number, Symbol, Page, White Board 

What error message are you getting? is there any thing there to help me find out why  you are having trouble connecting when my serveradmin is certain all things he sent are valid ? What other reason can it be? 

@Jim M what other settings did you use, can you pm me so that I understand what you wrote?   If its not for public. My serveradmin is 100% sure there should not be a problem. maybe its how I put things in the form.????

Please help me out, there is info in the notes section of the access information form. 

I mean not only for now, so that I understand better if I entered things wrong in the form . 

We do not provide old releases of the platform unfortunately. You would need to do the following

1. Update your server to PHP 8
  2. Ensure it meets requirements using the requirement checker
  3. Upload a fresh set of files from your client area
  4. Run the upgrader from /admin/upgrade

This really is the only option at this point, before we are able to provide further support. 

hello.

My server admin was not ready to go to 8php untill now, for technical reasons,

and either he needs to set up a new server or  i would have to change hosting to be able to go to 8php.  and solve my problem. 

So I dont have any questions, other than one I sent your colleague via pm and wont write here. 

I am waiting to see how fast a new server can be set up and the upgrade to be done.

I am in talks with  developers from here to help with that procedure since my serveradmin does not want to mix with these things, the deal is strictly  hosting and no upgrading softwares that he does not work with. 

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to say thanks to @teraßyte who handled the whole issue as a pro for me, and all problems were solved. 

Thankfully after a week of all  google links only leading to forum homepage,  traffic returned aproximately to normal. 

Still have not changed to 8 php, because as I said, my serveradmin was not ready for it (the setup was such that it was not possible to switch to 😎 and I had to pay for a new serversetup if I wanted to go to 8php. cant change it. Hope it will happen very soon, now.