Premium members subscription lapsed, still premium members.

riko
Go to solution Solved by Randy Calvert,

Hi,

I'm having part of my Invision forum for paying members only through Paypal.

Doing some research on paying members who's time lapsed, I found out that some (for example Pete X) did pay for his subscription the last time in 2019.
Maximum time I have subscriptions for is 1 year.

Yet Pete X is still in the membersgroup for paying members only.

Can I have some assistance here? I'm a bit doubting if I'm right in asuming that I going to manually demote all the freeloaders I noticed. 
How is this even possible? (I did move a few times between providers after 2019, maybe that did something to a database?)

🙁

--
Rick

Could contain: Text, MenuThis is a screengrab I just took of a customer. This one stopped logging in after Dec, 21 but there are many others who just keep coming back (of course, free meal and such).

Could contain: Text, File, Webpage

I have 3 subscription options all are set like this, I just checked. (I hope this is what you meant):

Could contain: Text, File, Electronics, Page

Edited by riko

10 hours ago, Jim M said:

Please also update the credentials on file. There is a display name being used for administrator login when email is being used on your community. Thanks.

Hi Jim,

I'm terribly sorry but I have no idea where to look for this.

• Solution

In order to login, your community requires using an email address, not a username. So provide IPS the email address associated with whatever account you’re giving them to login to your ACP.  Basically just make sure you actually test whatever account info you give them actually works… if it does not work for you to login, it won’t work for them  🙂 

You can update your info on file by visiting the client area (https://invisioncommunity.com/clientarea/) and clicking “Manage This Purchase” and then “Stored Access Information”. 

Edited by Randy Calvert

Please ensure you record the correct admin URL in the Client Area too as it looks like you use a custom URL and the one on file is not working for us and you have removed the link from the front-end.

Also, your FTP access details allow us to connect but the FTP account only has access to their own user directory. Please ensure that the user has access to your Invision Community installation directory.

50 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Please ensure you record the correct admin URL in the Client Area too as it looks like you use a custom URL and the one on file is not working for us and you have removed the link from the front-end.

My apologies for the mess.
I hope I've updated everything now correctly.

Good luck?

Thank you, I was able to get in. 

3/4 users purchased a subscription which you included as "(non- recurring)". However, there is not such a subscription in our platform. Subscriptions either renew or they are held for lifetime of the user. These subscriptions were configured to be held for the lifetime of the user thus there is no renewal and would keep their subscription forever.

The 4th user had a subscription the "(recurring)" package and was being properly billed by PayPal it looks like. Then the PayPal subscription was cancelled in PayPal. Thus, the subscription in our software expired.

My apologies but I have more question.

If people sign up using the non-recurring option theboard doesn't have, and I manually edit the expiration date from 'does not expire' to a set date, then that should work as a non-recurring option, or not?

Just now, riko said:

If people sign up using the non-recurring option theboard doesn't have, and I manually edit the expiration date from 'does not expire' to a set date, then that should work as a non-recurring option, or not?

If you set an expiration but do not add renewals, it will expire at the said time. However, that could be a lot of manual work.