How to stop delayed posts from showing on Latest Activity

My delayed posts are showing on Latest Activity on forum and members are asking me why they can not read the post.

It says "You do not have permission to view this topic."

How can I stop the delayed posts on showing  on latest activity?

thank you,

Steve

On 10/17/2022 at 5:49 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

If this is indeed items with a future publish date, Im not able to replicate this on our latest release, unless the user has access to see items that are to be posted in the future. We would need more information on this

Haha, I like calling it delayed posts much better 😀

Where do you change the access for Future Published Dates? I looked on Group setting, didn't see it.

26 minutes ago, GoDuBois said:

Haha, I like calling it delayed posts much better 😀

Where do you change the access for Future Published Dates? I looked on Group setting, didn't see it.

The system SHOULD automatically respect permissions.  If they don't have permission to view an item, it should not appear.  Since it's not "live" yet, it should not be showing in the results.

I believe what Marc is saying is that when using a stock board on the latest version, he was able to publish something with a future date and validated it did not appear in the latest activity stream for him.  I THINK he's asking for you to confirm if you're running the latest version of IPB and if not, you might want to upgrade to see if the problem still occurs.  (It's possible the issue is fixed in a later release than what you may be running.)

And no...  I did not mean to try and Marc into a puppet.  😄 

Edited by Randy Calvert