4.7.2 update broke test site

Go to solution Solved by Randy Calvert,

1 hour ago, jesuralem said:

@Marc Stridgen you should read the discussion.

The application is totally compatible with PHP8, but it includes the AWS library whch is too big for the scanner and causes it to crash.

I understand what you are saying there, but it shouldnt stop access to the ACP entirely. If it is, then that is an application issue. I will tag developers in case, of course.

6 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

I understand what you are saying there, but it shouldnt stop access to the ACP entirely. If it is, then that is an application issue. I will tag developers in case, of course.

This will help with this...here's the other discussion that this relates to...

Edited by Nathan Explosion

yes this discussion is kind of spread between 2 topics.

@Marc Stridgen this prevent access to the site for admin accounts, either admincp or front. Maybe the dev shouldn't include the whole aws toolkit but if you ask me IPS should make it impossible for a plugin to make the scanner crash and/or make it so it does not prevent from accessing the site.

6 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

This will help with this...here's the other discussion that this relates to...

Thanks Nathan. It does seem the unnecessary stuff needs to be stripped out of there as it stands at present, which would need the author to do. Thought I had seen this somewhere, but couldn't find where it was

1 minute ago, jesuralem said:

yes this discussion is kind of spread between 2 topics.

@Marc Stridgen this prevent access to the site for admin accounts, either admincp or front. Maybe the dev shouldn't include the whole aws toolkit but if you ask me IPS should make it impossible for a plugin to make the scanner crash and/or make it so it does not prevent from accessing the site.

The answer itself is here

It needs to be resolved by the author, which is what I mentioned originally there. I understand what you are saying there, and of course we would indeed look to improve that going forward. But at present the solution is to not include the full AWS library